The Student Room Group

Different exam board for Further Maths

Hi, when learning further maths, do you have to do the same exam board as you did for A-level Maths?
I did OCR mei maths, and would like to learn edexcel or aqa further maths, but my main concern is would doing this exam board help me when retaking c3 and c4??
Or would it be building on completely different topics? Is it best to stick to the same exam board? (Mei is a pain fml)
Does anyone have experience doing different exam boards??
C1-4 and I believe M/S/D1/2 are common to all exam boards. Next year is the last sitting for legacy A-levels, so if you plan to retake modules you will have limited opportunity to do so. It doesn't matter which exam board you sit FM with, although you can't duplicate modules (e.g. M/S/D1/2). The content of the FP modules and M/S3+ may vary somewhat between boards, but they will be based on the same background; you just might cover slightly different topics or more likely topics in a different order/exam format.
Original post by stellaella
Hi, when learning further maths, do you have to do the same exam board as you did for A-level Maths?
I did OCR mei maths, and would like to learn edexcel or aqa further maths, but my main concern is would doing this exam board help me when retaking c3 and c4??
Or would it be building on completely different topics? Is it best to stick to the same exam board? (Mei is a pain fml)
Does anyone have experience doing different exam boards??

No, you can use different exam boards. To be honest though, when it comes to maths, it doesn’t really matter which exam board you pick. They all churn out the same stuff for maths.

Quick Reply

Latest