Body confidence. Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
How do you learn to feel confident in your own body? My body isn’t bad it’s just average I do have loads of stretch marks though which really annoy me. I’m pretty conscious of my body aswell when it comes to having relationships. How do you deal with it?
Thanks.
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
You've got stretch marks, I've got stretch marks, all God's children have got stretch marks. If somebody decides they don't like your stretch marks or your body, that says a hell of a lot more about them than you, and they weren't someone you were going to be happy with in the long term anyway.

The human body is an astounding machine honed by billions of years of evolution to be as stupendously badass and beautiful as it is possible for matter to be. Despite everything else in the world trying to kill and eat them, every single one of your ancestors, human, ape, and otherwise, managed to evade its predators, find enough to eat and drink every day for years on end, and find and seduce a member of the opposite sex. Every single one of them did that! What an amazing lineage! That is what went into making your body - you are all of that badassery, concentrated.
username3756768
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
How do you learn to feel confident in your own body? My body isn’t bad it’s just average I do have loads of stretch marks though which really annoy me. I’m pretty conscious of my body aswell when it comes to having relationships. How do you deal with it?
Thanks.
I guess just don't stop yourself doing things that you usually would due to body confidence issues e.g. if it stops you going swimming or having sex. The more you just don't worry about it and then people don't react badly then the more you will think "you know what this isn't something to worry about!".

Stretch marks on girls doesn't bother me personally
JaseyB
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Take great pride in your appearance, in the things that you can control like clothes cleaned ironed etc. Dress well make sure you face is done - however you do it and that you smell nice - then practice holding and carrying yourself well - this comes from having good posture and walking around looking and feeling proud. This way people will notice you more and more and your confidence will grow.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (131)
18.02%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (73)
10.04%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (126)
17.33%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (105)
14.44%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (70)
9.63%
How can I be the best version of myself? (222)
30.54%

Watched Threads