The Student Room Group

Harvey’s Y11 journey to grEaTnESs

Scroll to see replies

Good luck!! :rave:
Reply 41
So guys I’m back with another updateeee. Did maths paper three today and it was awfullllll hated every minute of it. English lit went better, but tbh everyone knew the questions before because our teachers told us, and then it spread, so even though I shouldn’t‘ve, I revised for what was relevant for those questions. Physics I’m super scared about, because that’s my worst subject out of all of them I think. I’ve take the night off dance to revise more.
We’ve got history and psychology tests next week that I need to revise for. So that’s my weekend planned.
We got the first two maths scores back and I’m genuinely shocked. I got 69 on paper 1, and 76 on paper 2, both out of 80. I would need to get 57 on today’s paper to get a grade nine overall. I can’t believe that’s my score honestly 😅
Reply 42
Original post by nyxnko_
Good luck!! :rave:

Thank you! Good luck with A levels!
Original post by HarveyCB
Thank you! Good luck with A levels!

Thank you :hugs:
Aww.. sorry your tests went badly today :console:
but well done with those maths scores!! :woo:
Reply 44
Original post by nyxnko_
Thank you :hugs:
Aww.. sorry your tests went badly today :console:
but well done with those maths scores!! :woo:

Trying to think of it as motivation to revise more next time. The maths isss amazing though, and it’s cheering me up a bit
Trying to think of it as motivation to revise more next time. The maths isss amazing though, and it’s cheering me up a bit

Definitely the best way to think of it :yep:
Well done :thumbsup:
holy crap well done on the maths!
Reply 47
Original post by mez_merising
holy crap well done on the maths!

Thanks! I’m honestly so surprised at that result
Reply 48
So I got a bunch of tests back recently and these are the scores
History- 51/52 (9)
Biology- 64/100 (9)
Physics- 76/100 (9)
English language- 52/76 (6)
English literature- 55/64 (8)
Psychology social influence- 29/35 (7)
Psychology research methods- 13/17 (6)

So with all the tests I've gone through with the mark scheme, my problems seem to be answering the questions the way it's needed to get the marks. There are some issues with knowledge in subjects like biology but the others it seems to be a problem with how I write my answers. So next time round ill work on that.
The physics result tells me that revision method worked well, and the other worked well for chemistry (not biology though 😂) so next time round ill combine the two methods for all three.
So happy with history though, I was really concerned with it. My teacher let us go over the time limit by half an hour, allowed us to look in our books and told us areas to concentrate our revision on buy I didn't do any of that because I wanted the test to accurately reflect my skills, but I still did the best in the class. So yeah, safe to say that history is my best subject right now.
Well done with your test scores and glad your revision methods work! :woo:
Well done your test scores are great hun! Good luck xoxo
Reply 51
Original post by nyxnko_
Well done with your test scores and glad your revision methods work! :woo:

Thank you! So am I 😂
Reply 52
Original post by gw07mcgheerachel
Well done your test scores are great hun! Good luck xoxo

Aww thanks! You too
Reply 53
So I've made a huge list of everything I want to have done by the time I've started revising. There's fourty items on the list, and I've done thirteen (the bulk of it is history). I'm part way through a lot of it, but its just a helpful way to keep track of what I've been doing what I've got left to do.
So I've made a huge list of everything I want to have done by the time I've started revising. There's fourty items on the list, and I've done thirteen (the bulk of it is history). I'm part way through a lot of it, but its just a helpful way to keep track of what I've been doing what I've got left to do.

40 items! You're a busy bee, good luck with them!
Reply 55
Right lads we’ve had a setback

I’ll start from the beginning I guess? Uh I haven’t updated this for a while, I’ve really lost my motivation since the November mocks, I’ve only done stuff in random spurts. This weekend I was on a roll, fully set to finish all my biology stuff for the gcse by tonight. Everything kept glitching (was making it online), had to remake a whole pack after it got deleted and couldn’t save another. Kept resaving, it finally worked but all the cards had been deleted except 13 (maybe 200 lost?). It’s just really not great and it’s pissing me off because just when I finally get motivated I can’t do the work and it’s like the universe doesn’t want me to?
And then my mental health has been ****ed up recently, the insomnias coming back (haven’t had those issues for maybe two years) and the anger issues are coming back. Haven’t dealt with those ****ers since primary school. Everything going wrong today really didn’t help with that in particular, but i don’t really know what to do. I thought I might as well blog it here because it’s part of my ****ing ‘journey’ and I can’t talk to anyone because the one person I could I was an absolute ******** to and I don’t want to burden them with my ****

So that’s that! I don’t know what I’m going to do, but if anyone has helpful tips for anger management that doesn’t involve smashing things that would be appreciated! Tune in next time for more of this!
(edited 5 years ago)
Right lads we’ve had a setback

I’ll start from the beginning I guess? Uh I haven’t updated this for a while, I’ve really lost my motivation since the November mocks, I’ve only done stuff in random spurts. This weekend I was on a roll, fully set to finish all my biology stuff for the gcse by tonight. Everything kept glitching (was making it online), had to remake a whole pack after it got deleted and couldn’t save another. Kept resaving, it finally worked but all the cards had been deleted except 13 (maybe 200 lost?). It’s just really not great and it’s pissing me off because just when I finally get motivated I can’t do the work and it’s like the universe doesn’t want me to?
And then my mental health has been ****ed up recently, the insomnias coming back (haven’t had those issues for maybe two years) and the anger issues are coming back. Haven’t dealt with those ****ers since primary school. Everything going wrong today really didn’t help with that in particular, but i don’t really know what to do. I thought I might as well blog it here because it’s part of my ****ing ‘journey’ and I can’t talk to anyone because the one person I could I was an absolute ******** to and I don’t want to burden them with my ****

So that’s that! I don’t know what I’m going to do, but if anyone has helpful tips for anger management that doesn’t involve smashing things that would be appreciated! Tune in next time for more of this!

Ugh that's the worst, I'm so sorry. Double check whether it got autosaved or summin, sometimes you might get lucky?
If not, the only thing you can do rn is jam to a bit of music and start again. Frustrating as hell, ik, but you'll thank yourself in the long run.
As for the anger issue, a punching pillow? Ik that sounds stupid but it actually helps. :dontknow:
Reply 57
Sorry lads I couldnt be bothered to do this for a while but hey im back and better than ever. doing this on a school laptop and my friends bullying me about it. she says hi.

I can't remember what i got on my mocks so I'll have that update this weekend. I've been a little less productive than I've liked, but overall I've been doing okay. My exams start in just under tWo WEekS, but luckily all the ones before half term are ones I'm relatively confident with so I should be okay.

It's basically all the paper 1 sciences (which I've been prepared for since before Christmas as some of you may know).

Maths paper 1 which I'm just a fricking genius at my dudes

I've also got both English Literature papers, which is a subject I love and I'm good at it so that should be fine.

There's also paper 1 history, which I'm fine with, but it's a weird paper. It's 30% of my overall grade, but 20% of the exam is 1/3 the size of the bit that's worth 10%.:s-smilie: I don't know if that makes sense but it's annoying, and kinda douchey of the exam board.

My friend want's you guys to know that she had a speaking exam today in German and it went well. Now she is going to
'':rose::heart:make this look pretty:heart::rose:''.

GET REVISING :blow:

all aboard the train to success: :train:

^Pink is Issy <3
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 58
New discovery guys, douchey is not censored.

Also i changed my A-levels from Art, Psychology, English Literature and Modern History to Maths, Psychology, English Literature and Modern History. Drastic I know. And i call myself an art hoe:no: #disappointed #disappointedinmyself
Reply 59
Twas not autosaved unfortunately but I've recovered, just not touched science revision since then. Punching a pillow is better advice than pushups, as i was also recommended.
Original post by RazzzBerries
Ugh that's the worst, I'm so sorry. Double check whether it got autosaved or summin, sometimes you might get lucky?
If not, the only thing you can do rn is jam to a bit of music and start again. Frustrating as hell, ik, but you'll thank yourself in the long run.
As for the anger issue, a punching pillow? Ik that sounds stupid but it actually helps. :dontknow:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending