The Student Room Group

How do I change my a levels despite being in year 12?

Hi,

I am writing this post to ask wether or not I can change my a levels despite undergoing the first two days of sixth form. I want to change one of my alevels (English lit) into Maths. But i am lost in how I do such a thing. Can anyone please guide me into how I can change this subject If it is possible for me to do so?

Thank you in advance!
Reply 1
speak to teacher, of you had a b or above in maths GCSE and the timetable doesn't clash it's quite easy as you're not behind on anything 2 days in and you probably haven't even been registered for the exams yet (doesn't happen til February)
Which teacher do I speak to?
Original post by HamzahSKhan9
Hi,

I am writing this post to ask wether or not I can change my a levels despite undergoing the first two days of sixth form. I want to change one of my alevels (English lit) into Maths. But i am lost in how I do such a thing. Can anyone please guide me into how I can change this subject If it is possible for me to do so?

Thank you in advance!

Speak to your head of 6th, it's not late to change now. People change their A-Levels all the time in the first couple of weeks of Year 12.
The first few weeks of year 12 are flexible in terms of changing subjects, or at least my 6th Form was. Speak to your head of year or teacher and they should help you.
Ok Thank you!!

If I speak to my tutor would that be fine, as I have yet not net my head of year as she is away on holiday?
Reply 6
Original post by HamzahSKhan9
Which teacher do I speak to?

I'm assuming you have head of year or head of sixth form to speak to

Can I ask why you want to switch though because those are vastly opposite subjects
Original post by MikeyA
I'm assuming you have head of year or head of sixth form to speak to

Can I ask why you want to switch though because those are vastly opposite subjects

Because I want to study engineering and the universities that I want to apply to need maths and physics in order to study at their university.
Speak to your head or the deputy heads if you've got them. We were allowed to change our options for up to two weeks so you should be good
Thank You for your help!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending