The Student Room Group

What happens if you drop an A subject?

Hello. I was wondering what would happen if I dropped 1 A level after doing it in AS level. I am currently doing AS ICT, computer science, maths and further maths and I was wondering what happens if I do ICT for a whole year at AS and then drop it at A2. Will I get any rewards for doing it for a whole year or is it really worthless? Thank you
Reply 1
Original post by ak239139
Hello. I was wondering what would happen if I dropped 1 A level after doing it in AS level. I am currently doing AS ICT, computer science, maths and further maths and I was wondering what happens if I do ICT for a whole year at AS and then drop it at A2. Will I get any rewards for doing it for a whole year or is it really worthless? Thank you

If you sit the AS exam then you will gain a qualification. If you don’t then you won’t have anything.
Reply 2
Original post by ruthflame57
If you sit the AS exam then you will gain a qualification. If you don’t then you won’t have anything.

Someone told me that you could convert the points or something?
Reply 3
Original post by ak239139
Someone told me that you could convert the points or something?

If you don’t sit an exam then you have nothing to show for the year. You have to at least sit the AS examination to get any qualification from the subject.

Quick Reply

Latest