The Student Room Group

3 or 4 subjects

I'm currently in A levels and thinking of dropping one subject and only taking three subjects. I would like to know if universities require 4 AS levels subjects pass? Or just three subjects will do? I really don't understand what's the point of having 4 and to take 1 subject until AS if uni only require 3 subjects to A levels😅
You can do only three, that is fine. The thinking behind doing one to AS is that you get a qualification out of it, and also it gives you more space, should you decide you don't enjoy an A Level you thought you'd quite like.

I personally did 4 the entire way through, but that's only because I liked all 4. There is no point in going for ABCC when you could have got ABB, ya dig?
Original post by jinning
I'm currently in A levels and thinking of dropping one subject and only taking three subjects. I would like to know if universities require 4 AS levels subjects pass? Or just three subjects will do? I really don't understand what's the point of having 4 and to take 1 subject until AS if uni only require 3 subjects to A levels😅

3 is enough. People usually take 4 to give them the flexibility of changing subjects; e.g you may have been good at GCSE biology but may struggle with A-Level Biology as it is very different to GCSE. If you were getting low grades at AS, then doing 4 subjects will let you have the option to drop biology.
Original post by vicvic38
You can do only three, that is fine. The thinking behind doing one to AS is that you get a qualification out of it, and also it gives you more space, should you decide you don't enjoy an A Level you thought you'd quite like.

I personally did 4 the entire way through, but that's only because I liked all 4. There is no point in going for ABCC when you could have got ABB, ya dig?

what results did u get?
Original post by Presence
what results did u get?

A*A*AA. I don't think I would have got 3 A* though, even if I did drop one.
Reply 5
Thanks so muj!
Original post by vicvic38
A*A*AA. I don't think I would have got 3 A* though, even if I did drop one.

wooooooow thats amazing !! how many hours did u revise a day to achieve it ? i know its quality over quanity but still curious , i personally read myy notes out load and try to write down what i remember the day after , what are you revision techniques ?

Quick Reply

Latest