The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Internationals going to Nottingham!

hey,
where is everyone from and what course are you going to do?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm from Venezuela, and doing a MSc in Energy Conversion and Management (at the School of Built Environment)
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
I'm from Austria and I'll be doing the foundation course for physics.
Reply 3
I'm from Norway and have an unconditional firm for Msci International Relations and Global Issues
Reply 4
Hello There,

I m Dimitri, French and Greek, will be doing the MA in in Diplomacy.
There will surely be some kind of gathering od some kind for internationals. Speak to you there.

D.
Reply 5
PapaDim
Hello There,

I m Dimitri, French and Greek, will be doing the MA in in Diplomacy.
There will surely be some kind of gathering od some kind for internationals. Speak to you there.

D.

Oooh, awesome!! Another diplomacy person!! (I might be doing that in my last year.. ) Looks really cool, don't you think??
Reply 6
EvilSheep
Oooh, awesome!! Another diplomacy person!! (I might be doing that in my last year.. ) Looks really cool, don't you think??

Yep the programme seems quite interesting. We ll see how well it performs in practice. So are you currently studying at the uni?
Reply 7
PapaDim
Yep the programme seems quite interesting. We ll see how well it performs in practice. So are you currently studying at the uni?

No, I'm not.. I'm doing the Msci in IR starting this September, which is essentially an undergraduate degree + master... So I've got three years of studying before getting to your level!! What/where did you study for your undergraduate?
Reply 8
I graduated from Reading university in 2004. I did a BA in Modern History and IR, worked for couple of years before being interrupted by the compulsary military service. So instead of immediately going back to work I grabbed the opportunity to further my field of studies.

I guess this is your first long stay in England. I m pretty sure you ll enjoy it, its multinational character make it very easy to integrate and to make long lasting friendships. Good luck with your studies.

D.
Reply 9
PapaDim
I graduated from Reading university in 2004. I did a BA in Modern History and IR, worked for couple of years before being interrupted by the compulsary military service. So instead of immediately going back to work I grabbed the opportunity to further my field of studies.

I guess this is your first long stay in England. I m pretty sure you ll enjoy it, its multinational character make it very easy to integrate and to make long lasting friendships. Good luck with your studies.

D.

It's not actually my first.. I did my A-levels in Plymouth, so I have lived there before :smile:

Oooh, one question, since you went to Reading.. Do you have any knowledge on Colin Gray?? I just read one of his articles, and I found the man to be quite strange.. :s-smilie: Or at least his views..
Reply 10
Hi guys, I'm from the Netherlands and will join the ones that go to the vet school in 2009.
Reply 11
Sup guys/gurls, I'm from Zambia (but am Indian), you probably wouldn't have Heard of Zambia, buit am planning to do the Mechanical engineering course at Nottingham.
Reply 12
kush7
Sup guys/gurls, I'm from Zambia (but am Indian), you probably wouldn't have Heard of Zambia, buit am planning to do the Mechanical engineering course at Nottingham.

Of course we've heard of Zambia!!! (At least I have!!) I think there's a Zambian aid society at Notts!! :biggrin:
Reply 13
everyone's bloody heard of Zambia...
Reply 14
So which Halls are you all going to stay????
Reply 15
BGP - Junipers
Reply 16
WAT!!!! My country is more famous than I thought and we even have a aid society there man thats great.
Also do you guys/gurls have any basic tips for international students who are coming to study in the U.K for the first time.
Reply 17
hi! has anyone signed up for the international students welcome programme thingy?
Reply 18
Nope.. It would've been cool though!! But I decided it'd be better to spend that time with my boyfriend instead.. :smile:
Reply 19
Wats this international students welcome programme thing and where do you sign up for it, can some1 pls let me know i am so lost.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending