The Student Room Group

Last night of the Proms racist?

I've been sat watching LNOTP for over an hour complete with as usual loads of shots of the audience waving and having a great time, when it dawned on me that I hadn't seen one black face. Just wall to wall pink grids.
When you consider this is London, are last night of the Proms not being inclusive enough?
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

what do you want them to do? make billboards saying that black people are welcome too?
Reply 2
swear 'proms' were optional to attend ???
Reply 3
Original post by Gent2324
what do you want them to do? make billboards saying that black people are welcome too?

Maybe he's suggesting they should hand out free tickets to black people on the street
Stop using this site
What sort of age range is the audience at the proms?
"The majority of tickets for the Last Night of the Proms will be allocated by ballot to customers who have bought tickets to at least five other Proms concerts at the Royal Albert Hall. A further 200 ticketswill be allocated by the Open Ballot."

Anyone can buy the tickets to the proms, and the above shows how Last Night tickets are allocated. There is no prejudice whatsoever, as there is no indication of race on the ballot forms.

I don't understand why people have to look for racism and other types of discrimination everywhere.
That's not racism, though on a somewhat related notes there has been some effort in recent years to encourage more BME people to attend opera and classical music performances.
I, for one, prefer to listen to these on the radio for now so you won't see me there :-)
Uninstall
hi i'm james phillips
harambe harambe i'm glad he died
harambe harambe let's see what's inside your a55
Original post by james phillips
hi i'm james phillips

Hi james
Original post by james phillips
hi i'm james phillips

no you're not :frown:((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
oh
14 posts in 13 minutes, that lit the blue touch paper 😁
Original post by Just my opinion
14 posts in 13 minutes, that lit the blue touch paper 😁

Well, that was your intention.
What do you want them to do put Stormzy & Big Narstie on the lineup to attract some “Roadmen” 🙄
I've been sat watching LNOTP for over an hour complete with as usual loads of shots of the audience waving and having a great time, when it dawned on me that I hadn't seen one black face. Just wall to wall pink grids.
When you consider this is London, are last night of the Proms not being inclusive enough?

No ......its because the Blacks prefer Bob Marley Maaaann.

Many of the tickets go the performing arts classes around the country, many of thoses are ballet classes and as we all know because of the
lazy stereotypical slur, black men can't jump. So not racist in the slightest.
Perhaps it's a cultural thing as it was all but the same for the shots from Hyde Park.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending