Cambridge, UCL, LSE, UEdinburgh and KCL as a french high school student in the US

Watch
kiwi351
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey everyone. I am a french immigrant that moved to the United States 4 years ago, and going into senior year in a pretty competitive public high school. I was wondering what my chances are for schools like Cambridge, UCL, LSE, UEdinburgh and KCL. Here are my stats:

- SAT
1560 (1470 first try, 1480 second try, 1560 third try)

- SAT II
Math II: 800
Physics: 780
French: 800

-APs
Sophomore year:
French - 5

Junior year:
Statistics - 5
Computer Science A - 5

Senior year:
Literature
Microeconomics
Macroeconomics
Psychology
Physics C Mechanics
Physics C EM
Calculus BC
European History

I plan on applying to the universities above in Economics with Mathematics (or just Economics for Cambridge).

What do you think my chances are to competitive schools like these?

By the way I took this many APs because I genuinely enjoy them. I was not able to take these earlier in high school because you get into a class based on your previous year's grades, and since my grades were not that good in 10th grade, I was not able to take many APs until senior year.

Thanks everyone.
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by kiwi351)
Hey everyone. I am a french immigrant that moved to the United States 4 years ago, and going into senior year in a pretty competitive public high school. I was wondering what my chances are for schools like Cambridge, UCL, LSE, UEdinburgh and KCL. Here are my stats:

- SAT

- SAT II

-APs
Sophomore year:
French - 5

Junior year:
Statistics - 5
Computer Science A - 5

Senior year:
Literature
Microeconomics
Macroeconomics
Psychology
Physics C Mechanics
Physics C EM
Calculus BC
European History

I plan on applying to the universities above in Economics with Mathematics (or just Economics for Cambridge).

By the way I took this many APs because I genuinely enjoy them. I was not able to take these earlier in high school because you get into a class based on your previous year's grades, and since my grades were not that good in 10th grade, I was not able to take many APs until senior year.

Thanks everyone.
Moved to the Economics and PPE university courses forum. What are the stated entry requirements for your course at each of your potential choices?
username738914
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

- SAT

- SAT II

-APs
Sophomore year:
French - 5

Junior year:
Statistics - 5
Computer Science A - 5

Senior year:
Literature
Microeconomics
Macroeconomics
Psychology
Physics C Mechanics
Physics C EM
Calculus BC
European History

Thanks everyone.
should really be applying to top US schools with these stats tbh.
kiwi351
Rep:
?
Um no because my extracurricular are not very strong, and I just want the English experience, as well as being back to Europe.
kiwi351
Rep:
?
Requirements are pretty much 5 APs with all 5s for the top schools (Cambridge, LSE, UCL), and 3 APs and an sat score for the lower tier schools (University of Edinburgh, KCL)
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Requirements are pretty much 5 APs with all 5s for the top schools (Cambridge, LSE, UCL), and 3 APs and an sat score for the lower tier schools (University of Edinburgh, KCL)
So you've answered your own question... at this stage you are competitive. For Cambridge you have the ECAA and interview, etc to also be taken into consideration.

By the way, do you qualify for EU or International fees? If you are international for Cambridge you need to add college fees to the international course tuition fee. https://www.undergraduate.study.cam....-students/fees
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

New lockdown - Do you agree schools and universities should remain open?

Yes (55)
36.18%
No (80)
52.63%
I don't know (17)
11.18%

Watched Threads