I lied to my boyfriend

Watch
Victorina93
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
My boyfriend and I started dating in May and it is now September. We have been dating for 4 months. I lied to him about having a job when I’ve been unemployed. Our relationship is long distance, we both live in different countries and I also lied to him that I have a passport but I don’t and I’m currently going through the process of getting one. I came clean to him a few days ago (On Friday) and I have asked for his forgiveness.

So far he has said that for now he Doesn’t trust me and that I should stop calling him he will call me when his ready to talk.

Will he break up with me or is there a possibility that we can get through this. It’s been less than 6 months but I do Love him and I would be devastated if he ends things
Elektra06
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Everyone is different and so it will really depend on whether he thinks he can get past this.
It's hard for people when someone lies you feel you can't trust them anymore and so it will depend on if he ever can trust you again

If he forgives you I wish you both the best and don't lie about these kind of things again
If he doesn't I hope you learn from this mistake and move forward you'll find someone else
Judge Jules
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Victorina93)
My boyfriend and I started dating in May and it is now September. We have been dating for 4 months. I lied to him about having a job when I’ve been unemployed. Our relationship is long distance, we both live in different countries and I also lied to him that I have a passport but I don’t and I’m currently going through the process of getting one. I came clean to him a few days ago (On Friday) and I have asked for his forgiveness.

So far he has said that for now he Doesn’t trust me and that I should stop calling him he will call me when his ready to talk.

Will he break up with me or is there a possibility that we can get through this. It’s been less than 6 months but I do Love him and I would be devastated if he ends things
No offence but he sounds like an idiot and he's so childish telling you not to call but to wait for him to ring when he's ready.
Everybody lies about something including him and lying about having a job and a passport is nothing. He should have just laughed it off but I suppose in his eyes he thinks that even of you lie about something small that you will lie about bigger things too.
But again what you did is no big deal but if it doesn't work out and he can't get over it or forgive you don't lie about having a job next time you meet someone. I always tell men I'm unemployed just to test them and see if that puts them off although it is actually true. As long as you tell them you are looking for work then most men won't care if you are unemployed.
When I saw the title I thought it was going to say you cheated on him.
If he's still acting like a baby and says he doesn't want to be with you anymore just remind him that you haven't cheated on him and other people do worse things like that.
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Why did you lie in the first place?

You can't blame him for not trusting you - if you're lying about having a job and a passport what else could you be lying about?
Victorina93
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I know I was wrong and even if I say why I lied it doesn’t change the fact that I lied. I lied because I was embarrassed to tell him. His life appeared so put together in comparison to mine and I was embarrassed that I have nothing to bring to the table. I accept the lies that I’ve told and I know I won’t lie again. I haven’t lied about anything else but I’m also aware that, that is besides the point.

Thank you all the same for your response it’s much appreciated
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

You lied to him and had no reason to lie to him. What did you think would happen if he knew you were unemployed and had no passport? I don't blame him for reacting like this - you've lied about things you didn't have to, so now he's thinks what else have you lied about, and how can he trust anything you say again. It was a big mistake on your part and I hope you've learned your lesson and will be more honest in future, either with him or with someone else.
Judge Jules
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I know I was wrong and even if I say why I lied it doesn’t change the fact that I lied. I lied because I was embarrassed to tell him. His life appeared so put together in comparison to mine and I was embarrassed that I have nothing to bring to the table. I accept the lies that I’ve told and I know I won’t lie again. I haven’t lied about anything else but I’m also aware that, that is besides the point.

Thank you all the same for your response it’s much appreciated
Tell him everything you wrote here about being embarrassed and thinking you had nothing to bring to the table then he will come around and forgive you because that is the perfect explanation and if he decides to dump you then he's a douche bag and wasnt really into you in the first place so he's just using that as an excuse.
Don't wait for him to contact you first just send him a text or contact him on Whats App, Facebook or whatever social media he's on and tell him all those reasons why you did it then wait to see if he rings you.
It really isn't that bad and I find it funny that anybody would be upset about that.
I do always admit if I'm unemployed but there was one time on a dating site where a man was messaging me and I lied and said i'm working in Admin job but I was just thinking back to that job i did previously but I usually tell the truth as a test to see if their still interested.
Whenever i have been unemployed my mum has always put me down by telling me that NO man wants a woman who is unemployed and doesn't have a job or a house but I know that isn't true, some men don't care.
As long as you say you are looking for work then they know thstbyou are ambitious and are not lazy and then they will understand and be sympathetic as they know how hard it was when they could not get a job.
YaliaV
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Little issues are probably intensified when you're having a long distance relationship. Are you sure it's worth it?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (256)
33.82%
No (501)
66.18%

Watched Threads