MarthaAlice22
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi.

I've been enrolled at my university for over 2 weeks now and have been officially attending the PGCE course since Thursday & I still have no student finance payment which was scheduled for the 3rd of September. It is now almost a week past that date and it is still showing as 'awaiting confirmation' from the university. Any ideas why there appears to be no communication between the university and student finance?
Gerard SFE
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi MarthaAlice22

If your payment schedule is still showing as 'awaiting confirmation' that means your university have not contacted us and told us that you have enrolled on your course. You should contact them directly and ask them to send this to us as soon as possible.

Thanks
Gerard
MarthaAlice22
Rep:
?
I have already asked them to do this three times already. I feel like my hands are tied as there is nothing more I can do my end.
SFE Erin
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi MarthaAlice22,

We will be unable to release any payments until we receive the Confirmation of Registration through from your university. If you're payments are still showing as 'awaiting confirmation' on your online account then we still have not received this.

Thanks,
Erin K
MarthaAlice22
Rep:
?
Apparently it's because I'm on a new course, PGCE secondary PE with Ebacc. Which doesn't match up on student finance.
SFE Holly
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by MarthaAlice22)
Apparently it's because I'm on a new course, PGCE secondary PE with Ebacc. Which doesn't match up on student finance.
Hi,

If you need to update your course details you can do so from your online account here; http://ow.ly/sDWQ30kZf4i

To make this change you can login to your account and click 'Change your application'.

Once your Change of Circumstance has been processed the university will then need to confirm your registration for your new course before we can release your payments.

Thanks, Holly.
Connorrm12
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi, I have the same problem. However, I have not changed course. I applied for my finance as soon as the applications opened so that this didn't happen. I am a third year and have never experienced this before. I enrolled as usual and have confirmation of this. I am a mature student with bills and children to support. I am not very pleased to wake up this morning and find out I have not been paid my finance. Like I've said, I have bills contingent on this income and I am now in a difficult financial situation. I have emailed my personal tutor with my entitlement letter and confirmation of enrolment and asked him to send it to yous ASAP. However, this should all be done as I done this well in advance so that I wasn't in this position. SFE, can you tell me why this has occurred this time and when I'll be paid.
Sazosteo
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm having the same issue if that helps, I assume due to COVID-19 and not many workers they have to update their system once they've received confirmation. My uni had said they confirmed since last week but I suppose we are living in unprecedented times it may take much longer than usual which isn't our fault. they aren't even answering their phones either i reckon this could take up to two weeks (this is just a guess)
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Connorrm12)
Hi, I have the same problem. However, I have not changed course. I applied for my finance as soon as the applications opened so that this didn't happen. I am a third year and have never experienced this before. I enrolled as usual and have confirmation of this. I am a mature student with bills and children to support. I am not very pleased to wake up this morning and find out I have not been paid my finance. Like I've said, I have bills contingent on this income and I am now in a difficult financial situation. I have emailed my personal tutor with my entitlement letter and confirmation of enrolment and asked him to send it to yous ASAP. However, this should all be done as I done this well in advance so that I wasn't in this position. SFE, can you tell me why this has occurred this time and when I'll be paid.
(Original post by Sazosteo)
I'm having the same issue if that helps, I assume due to COVID-19 and not many workers they have to update their system once they've received confirmation. My uni had said they confirmed since last week but I suppose we are living in unprecedented times it may take much longer than usual which isn't our fault. they aren't even answering their phones either i reckon this could take up to two weeks (this is just a guess)
Hi,
If your online account under the 'Your Finance' http://ow.ly/hqFS30ptSwp section still states 'Awaiting Confirmation', we require your University to send Confirmation of Registration (CoR) electronically to us. Please ask them to send this through.

We will process this within 24-48 hours of receipt and then your online payment schedule will update, confirming the new payment date. The normal timescale once this is received is up to 5 working days to clear into your bank if a payment is due.

We are unable to release funding until your university send this to us.
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (189)
29.3%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (106)
16.43%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
8.99%
I want to meet current students (54)
8.37%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
7.91%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (128)
19.84%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.89%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (21)
3.26%

Watched Threads