The Student Room Group

Does my friend like me?

This might be long so please stick with me.

This weekend I went out and a friend offered his couch so I wouldn't have to go home and be home alone all night. He was going to be home alone too so he was happy to have company. We got back to his and watched a film, then came time for sleep. He offered for me to sleep in his parents double bed with him instead of being on the couch. I said yes since I was really tired and I'd always welcome a bed more than a couch. We went up and were talking for a bit, when we tried to sleep he had what seemed like a nervous laugh so I asked what's wrong, he said it's stupid and I wasn't going to push him. He told me I'd think he's weird if he told me, I said I wouldn't and he said that he was going to ask if I wanted to cuddle. I accepted since I like cuddles and they calm me down in unfamiliar places. He started to play with my hair, asked me if it was okay and I said yes since it was making me more sleepy. When we woke up in the morning we were just talking again and he opened his arms wanting more cuddles so I accepted and he started to run his fingers up and down my arm.

Honestly I have no idea how to read signals and if these are just normal things or if it seems like he may have some sort of feelings for me. Any advice would be appreciated, thank you.
That's honestly so adorable. I was awwing the entire time I read it.

This guy is super into you. The sleeping in the same bed and the asking to cuddle w you and playing with your hair. Those are all signs you is really finding you cute and attractive and is into you.

This guy seems like a really good guy so treat him nicely and show him lots of love in return.

If you go to school w him and youre interested in him as well, show him signs that youre interested in him bc this guy is super into you!

Dont be afraid to show affection towards him bc he took the first step and now will want your response - so give it to him please!
(edited 5 years ago)
It sounds like you two are really lucky to have found each other! Cuddle on!
Original post by Anonymous
This might be long so please stick with me.

This weekend I went out and a friend offered his couch so I wouldn't have to go home and be home alone all night. He was going to be home alone too so he was happy to have company. We got back to his and watched a film, then came time for sleep. He offered for me to sleep in his parents double bed with him instead of being on the couch. I said yes since I was really tired and I'd always welcome a bed more than a couch. We went up and were talking for a bit, when we tried to sleep he had what seemed like a nervous laugh so I asked what's wrong, he said it's stupid and I wasn't going to push him. He told me I'd think he's weird if he told me, I said I wouldn't and he said that he was going to ask if I wanted to cuddle. I accepted since I like cuddles and they calm me down in unfamiliar places. He started to play with my hair, asked me if it was okay and I said yes since it was making me more sleepy. When we woke up in the morning we were just talking again and he opened his arms wanting more cuddles so I accepted and he started to run his fingers up and down my arm.

Honestly I have no idea how to read signals and if these are just normal things or if it seems like he may have some sort of feelings for me. Any advice would be appreciated, thank you.

Sounds like he has feelings for you. You wouldn't ask a person who is just your friend to do all those things.
I think he obviously likes you and seems very sweet
Reply 5
Original post by SomMC1
That's honestly so adorable. I was awwing the entire time I read it.

This guy is super into you. The sleeping in the same bed and the asking to cuddle w you and playing with your hair. Those are all signs you is really finding you cute and attractive and is into you.

This guy seems like a really good guy so treat him nicely and show him lots of love in return.

If you go to school w him and youre interested in him as well, show him signs that youre interested in him bc this guy is super into you!

He’d never act on it though if he does like me since I only just got out of a relationship and my ex is one of his best friends
Original post by Anonymous
He’d never act on it though if he does like me since I only just got out of a relationship and my ex is one of his best friends

You should've probably included that in the initial post bc that kinda turns the entire thing around. In that case, he was probably just looking for some fun without it being serious. Thats what I would do if i was the boy - no problem fooling w the girl as long as no super intimate contacts are made imo

How cant you read signals if you had a boyfriend who probably gave you cuddles, hugs and ran his fingers thru your hair? Im confused.
Reply 7
Original post by SomMC1
You should've probably included that in the initial post bc that kinda turns the entire thing around. In that case, he was probably just looking for some fun without it being serious. Thats what I would do if i was the boy - no problem fooling w the girl as long as no super intimate contacts are made imo

How cant you read signals if you had a boyfriend who probably gave you cuddles, hugs and ran his fingers thru your hair? Im confused.

I struggle reading people, I always have and my only relationships have been quite bad and not very affectionate

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending