The Student Room Group

Dark hair dye too dark???

Okay so I have like medium brown hair naturally, I dyes it blonde and it looked really bad, so as soon as I could without turning my hair green or smth I picked up a medium brown dye that was close to my starter colour. I grabbed permanent because I figured it'd work. Just rinsed and blow dried and it's REALLY dark. Almost black. It's even worse than the blonde! Is there any way to get it back to normal or can I put more dye over it? Even getting it back to blonde would be better!!!
If your hair is currently dark, there is no way to lighten the color without using something containing a bleaching agent. Even store-bought blond dyes, like the one you use, have some bleach in it.
I naturally have black hair and recently I dyed the ends to a medium dark brown with the lightest platinum blond dye I could find in a store. It might work for you too. I wouldn't recommend using pure bleach like they do in salons if you're going to DIY. There's too many things that could go wrong and it will look worse. However, you could buy multiple boxes of light blonde dye and use them with at least a few days between each session to lighten your color a bit.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending