The Student Room Group

21 (nearly 22) and never had a boyfriend

so yeah I'm a 21 year old who has never had a boyfriend or done much with guys. I'd say I'm fairly good looking and guys have had crushes on me before but I've just never fancied them back or I've fancied guys that aren't interested in me. I don't meet many guys (my work is predominantly girls) and I don't go out much so I feel like this hinders me meeting people (I'm also very introverted and shy).

I plan on going to uni next September and I'm doing a course online for the next year from home to get into uni so I won't be doing much until then. I'll be nearly 23 by the time I go to uni and will probably still be a massive virgin, is this weird?? I feel like it's very rare to still have no experience by now and that guys will just think I'm weird or that theres something wrong with me
Do you smile and initiate conversations?
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I'll be nearly 23 by the time I go to uni and will probably still be a massive virgin, is this weird?

Weird? No

Uncommon? Probably.

And, for the record, you'll just be a standard virgin. Not big, not small. Just virgin.
Don't be in a hurry. Just do what's right for you.
Reply 3
Original post by AppleB
Do you smile and initiate conversations?

I always smile at guys but I'm terrible at initiating conversation :/
I am the same but the other gender so it isn't wired
I always smile at guys but I'm terrible at initiating conversation :/

Relax and be yourself :smile:
Reply 6
Hey theres no shame in that.... Its up to you when you will be ready...... so dont let anyone pressure you.
Is it wrong that you are introverted and shy - No. Is it wrong or weird that you stay virgin in your 20's or 30's or whenever - No.
Maybe we can help each other out.
one of my friends was a virgin til 24 and killed themself last year because of it, hang in there
so yeah I'm a 21 year old who has never had a boyfriend or done much with guys. I'd say I'm fairly good looking and guys have had crushes on me before but I've just never fancied them back or I've fancied guys that aren't interested in me. I don't meet many guys (my work is predominantly girls) and I don't go out much so I feel like this hinders me meeting people (I'm also very introverted and shy).

I plan on going to uni next September and I'm doing a course online for the next year from home to get into uni so I won't be doing much until then. I'll be nearly 23 by the time I go to uni and will probably still be a massive virgin, is this weird?? I feel like it's very rare to still have no experience by now and that guys will just think I'm weird or that theres something wrong with me

I'm 21 - 22 in April -> never held a hand, nevermind anything else! Not abnormal at all! Uncommon, yes.

I actually only realised recently part of my problem was I am heterodemisexual - I like men (my sex is female) but I don't fancy anyone until I know them for a long time. I've only actually liked 3 men in my entire life. If I feel any attraction to strangers, it's fleeting (sometimes as little as a few hours of 'fancy').

By the time I like someone, they think I'm not interested because technically I wasn't initially.
I’m nearly 22 and never had a girlfriend but it is what it is. Things will happen when the time is right.
Reply 12
There is absolutely nothing wrong or weird about being a 23 year old virgin.... for most people the 'first time' is special - and it's a good idea to save that for someone you feel special about. Don't just go out and have sex with any old guy just so you aren't a virgin anymore!

as far as being introverted and shy - just realize if you do say hello and start a conversation with a guy and he doesn't respond well - just walk away that person won't think about you again in 5 minutes or a day so it doesn't hurt anything for you to try and start convo's.

no, its not weird. I prefer women who are selective - its better to have something thats exclusive, rather than something thats easily accessible.

I'm in almost the same boat. This is my third year at uni, twenty years old and I, quite literally, had my first ever date last night after signing up to do a blind date thing for students at my uni on Instagram (not through the uni though, I should mention). Maybe it's uncommon but it's not so far out of the realm of possibility that there aren't also lots of people in a very similar situation to you. If a guy you wanna date thinks it's weird, then maybe they're not the kinda person you want to be with anyways if such a small thing as this is going to bother them. There are stranger things to be.

And hey, I've managed to end up with a second date already so maybe some of my good luck will rub off on you. It's scary getting out there and I'm a pretty introverted person too, but that doesn't mean that you're weird for never having a boyfriend before. You're wonderful as you are and any guy who can't see past your worries just isn't worth it.
be glad that as a girl, you aren't expected to be confident or make the first move, take the lead in anything, that burden will forever be on the guys shoulders

I would have asked to be your boyfriend but you're academic as you're going to university and I don't like academic people
You might not have one because you're academic as well, me and a few of my mates would all never date a girl who's academic
You might not have one because you're academic as well, me and a few of my mates would all never date a girl who's academic

why? whats wrong with a smart girl??

Latest

Trending

Trending