The Student Room Group

college accommodation

Hello! Do any of you know which colleges offer accommodation for the entire 6 years of the medicine course? Only a few specifically state that they do while the others usually say they offer accommodation for the duration of the student's course so I was wondering if that only applies to the 3/4 years courses or if it includes medicine too. Thank you!
Reply 1
Original post by sslalala
Hello! Do any of you know which colleges offer accommodation for the entire 6 years of the medicine course? Only a few specifically state that they do while the others usually say they offer accommodation for the duration of the student's course so I was wondering if that only applies to the 3/4 years courses or if it includes medicine too. Thank you!

Years 1-3 will be covered by undergrad accommodation. Usually 4-6th year medics are classed as postgrads for accommodation purposes, so checking what the college websites say about accommodation for postgrads may be helpful, if they don't specifically say what accommodation for medics is.

E.g. at my college, Trinity, medics have undergrad college accommodation for years 1-3, and college grad accommodation in years 4-6, but have the option of living in private accommodation in clinical years, as do other grad students.

I think the clinical medics (years 4-6) I know all have the option of accommodation owned by college, but I don't know clinical medics from all colleges. Some clinical medics choose not to live in college accommodation if they can e.g. find their own private accommodation close to Addenbrookes, with friends from other colleges, if they wish.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Thank you so much for your detailed reply! I’ll check out the postgrad section of the websites
Reply 3
I think Emmanuel also covers all 6 years of medicine - the college has a 'medic house' which is nearer Addenbrookes for the clinical years

Quick Reply

Latest