The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Have you ever considered Hull?
It would only be a disadvantage if your degree results aren't impressive enough, normally a 2.1 would do for most people although if you're looking for a funded PhDship(is this a word?) a first might be crucial.
Reply 3
I am currently as Bristol doing Physics and whenever i tell anybody that they always say "oh that is a good university isnt it?" I also got an offer from UCL but made a desicion purely on the place i liked best and would do again...
BRISTOL LOL

firstly its a lot cheaper than london, a good university, the nightlife is immense and wherever you go bristol is seen as a 'good uni'
Reply 5
Well seeing as everyone here is shamelessly plugging their own university or where they live... :p:

Yes, Bristol is seen as "good uni" but then again so is UCL. In fact, to paraphrase The Times it is the best multi faculty university in the country after Oxbridge. I'm not for a moment suggesting that Bristol is bad or anything though, just trying to give a more balanced view than has been given so far :p: Both universities have an excellent reputation, and the only difference with regards to reputation is that London universities do typically have better links with firms in the City (kind of obvious but whatever).

Really - just choose the one you think you'll enjoy more and whichever has a better course, as the difference in reputation is not tremendous. The nightlife in London is obviously great as it's such a big city, but then again it costs more.
Reply 6
nofo

Clearly the OP is not considering Hull.

and yes, UCL is in London, which may not suit everyone., and so as Bristol. see which course you prefer and which place you prefer. I think both unis are highly respected.
Reply 7
jkyng1
Clearly the OP is not considering Hull.

But why? I think he should, it's not in london if that's one thing he likes.
Reply 8
nofo

Lmao, what is it with you and Hull.

Latest

Trending

Trending