The Student Room Group

South London to Cambridge

Should I take a job in Cambridge given that I live in south london. It's relevant and will be my first job but idk what the pay is
Really up to you, I live in North London so I have alot of opportunities surrounding me, with all that being said, I would really only travel 30 minutes to my place of work at most, but its also whether you can afford to make that journey whenever you are required to. If you're going to take it, I would say look at accommodation around the area, it may not bother you at first, but after a while, the journey will begin to take its toll.
Original post by isiaiah d
Should I take a job in Cambridge given that I live in south london. It's relevant and will be my first job but idk what the pay is

Which is more important to you, living in south London or starting your career?
Reply 3

I did this a couple of years ago... Depends on the salary, and also if you can get enough money to make rent or get a mortgage.

Also you might wanna do it for a while to get experience so that you can get a higher salary in South London eventually as the experience could be valuable..

(Also helped I went uni there so I knew cambridge pretty well)...
Reply 4

Congratulation on landing the job!

But it will depend on the pay, and the cost of accommodation - Cambridge can be as expensive as south London to live in...
Surely you're not suggesting commuting - that would be insane both in terms of cost (trains alone will be >£5,000) and time!

Sure, some people do it, but those are people earning £££ who don't want to leave their Cambridgeshire mansions! The other way around on a (presumably) low salary? No way.
Reply 6

Ya why not. Make sure you take lots of time to plan and sort out your finances (see if you can afford it). Moving is nothing, people do it all the time for work.
That would be a rather long commute.

Quick Reply

Latest