I absolutely awful with getting/picking up girls Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Well where to start? I think I’m a rather complicated guy which just further complicates my problem with talking and making the first move with girls.

I consider myself to be confident in a relationship and I’m also confident when dating. Don’t think I have social anxiety either.

My problem is not maintaining a relationship it’s actually getting a relationship! Or even a girlfriend for that matter. I know I’m relatively good looking (Not stunning but above average) But that just doesn’t seem to help.

My problem is with the approach. I keep holding back on these opportunities and each lost one is getting more frustrating.

Example. The other day I was at a works meal. After everyone gone home and I decided to have a few drinks in a club. Was stood at the bar with my drink when I noticed a bunch of girls in front of me. One of them had her back to me, noticed her glance over her shoulder and look away. So I just continued to sip my drink. Minute later she came closer to me and started doing this sexy ass dance. Then few minutes later she stopped dancing, looked and gave me this sexy smile. I just smiled, had a very large sip of my drink and didn’t do anything else. 5 minutes later I was still contemplating how to make a move when the group of girls got chatted up by a guy twice their age and swooped them off lol.

That isn’t the first time either

I think my problem, I have no idea how to approach strangers and I also have no flipping clue how I would approach a girl in a club when the musics too loud to even talk!

What would most guys do in the above situation?

How to overcome my fear of approaching girls who I don’t know?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Sataris
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
..erm, maybe while this girl was coming onto you you should have done something other than sip your drink?
georgem93
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Well where to start? I think I’m a rather complicated guy which just further complicates my problem with talking and making the first move with girls.

I consider myself to be confident in a relationship and I’m also confident when dating. Don’t think I have social anxiety either.

My problem is not maintaining a relationship it’s actually getting a relationship! Or even a girlfriend for that matter. I know I’m relatively good looking (Not stunning but above average) But that just doesn’t seem to help.

My problem is with the approach. I keep holding back on these opportunities and each lost one is getting more frustrating.

Example. The other day I was at a works meal. After everyone gone home and I decided to have a few drinks in a club. Was stood at the bar with my drink when I noticed a bunch of girls in front of me. One of them had her back to me, noticed her glance over her shoulder and look away. So I just continued to sip my drink. Minute later she came closer to me and started doing this sexy ass dance. Then few minutes later she stopped dancing, looked and gave me this sexy smile. I just smiled, had a very large sip of my drink and didn’t do anything else. 5 minutes later I was still contemplating how to make a move when the group of girls got chatted up by a guy twice their age and swooped them off lol.

That isn’t the first time either

I think my problem, I have no idea how to approach strangers and I also have no flipping clue how I would approach a girl in a club when the musics too loud to even talk!

What would most guys do in the above situation?

How to overcome my fear of approaching girls who I don’t know?
Feel free to drop me a PM for a chat mate!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
16.57%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (55)
10.24%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (96)
17.88%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (81)
15.08%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
10.06%
How can I be the best version of myself? (162)
30.17%

Watched Threads