A Level Revision - Have your say

Watch
AidenHa
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
With year 12 over, Year 13 have upcoming A Level Exams in just over 8 months. That means Year 13 need to learn the next two units and start revising, but is it too early? and how much should it be at this stage? A unit a day? a unit a week? or do we use the 30/40 day method where you spend 10 days in a row for each subject before exam period so its all fresh and the day before the exam run through the units you need for that paper? Have your say I want peoples opinions on how to revise for a levels and if you should actually be revising this early!

Arctic Kitten
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You should always be revising, since AS, that’s what my teachers say. Well I don’t know how others did it but I revised what I just learnt in class and did one topic every two/three days, since I kept all 4 subjects I can’t spend 1 week or more revising 1 topic, and I will forget things if I left it for too long. Also, check your exam time tables. For example last year Physics was all in the first 2 weeks of June, which mean you need to revise all of Physics first, while Chemistry lasted till the very last week and you got lots of time for it.
scienceishguy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by AidenHa)
With year 12 over, Year 13 have upcoming A Level Exams in just over 8 months. That means Year 13 need to learn the next two units and start revising, but is it too early? and how much should it be at this stage? A unit a day? a unit a week? or do we use the 30/40 day method where you spend 10 days in a row for each subject before exam period so its all fresh and the day before the exam run through the units you need for that paper? Have your say I want peoples opinions on how to revise for a levels and if you should actually be revising this early!
Revising since AS is always the key. However if you haven't then there's no way of turning back time.. but it is not the end of the world! I didn't do as much revision as I would have liked in AS. I then in A2 did a topic a week from AS alongside the topic we we did a week ago in A2. Closer to the mocks and exams I would then told to do 10 hours revision each subject, each week. I felt like the earlier you revise, the more confident I felt and the more ways I could revise stuff and recall. Past papers will be a good indication of revision methods and how effective your revision has been.

All the best with exams and revision!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (56)
17.34%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (91)
28.17%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (121)
37.46%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (44)
13.62%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.41%

Watched Threads