The Student Room Group

Advice for A level Business

Hi all, can I get some any advice for A level Business, revision tips , any textbook recommendation etc.

I didn’t do GCSE business so I’m not aiming to do extremely well but If i can at least get a C or B I’d be happy.

I’d appreciate it if anyone can give me any advice thanks :smile:
Original post by fiji00
Hi all, can I get some any advice for A level Business, revision tips , any textbook recommendation etc.

I didn’t do GCSE business so I’m not aiming to do extremely well but If i can at least get a C or B I’d be happy.

I’d appreciate it if anyone can give me any advice thanks :smile:

Hey! I got an A at GCSE and A at AS Level business; predicted A*/A this year, hope i can help! Which exam board are you on? I recommend firstly fully understanding the question- crucial! What to answer for "assess", "evaluate", etc. Know your key terms in and out, and make sure your answers constantly relate to the case study given! For example, "assess" questions require a balanced answer with a judgement. Consider everything: long-term, short-term, what each choice leads to, etc. Do loads of practice papers, take them to your teacher (will also help them give you a good prediction based on effort haha). Basically, understand the question and key terms in and out. Have the knowledge down, thats the easy bit. Then work on essay writing etc by practice! Best of luck :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by lucybondia
Hey! I got an A at GCSE and A at AS Level business; predicted A*/A this year, hope i can help! Which exam board are you on? I recommend firstly fully understanding the question- crucial! What to answer for "assess", "evaluate", etc. Know your key terms in and out, and make sure your answers constantly relate to the case study given! For example, "assess" questions require a balanced answer with a judgement. Consider everything: long-term, short-term, what each choice leads to, etc. Do loads of practice papers, take them to your teacher (will also help them give you a good prediction based on effort haha). Basically, understand the question and key terms in and out. Have the knowledge down, thats the easy bit. Then work on essay writing etc by practice! Best of luck :smile:

Thank you so much and the exam board is edexcel. Also how hard is the maths in business?
Original post by fiji00
Thank you so much and the exam board is edexcel. Also how hard is the maths in business?

Not hard at all as long as you've got it down! Just learn the formulae you have to know such as price elasticity of demand for example. You can ask your teacher and check the specification for these. I strongly suggest flashcards to quickly memorise the formulae. Also, make sure you know how to calculate things such as types of interest (simple and compound), as well as other basics such as percentages, exchange rates etc. because I sometimes tend to forget them myself, so just have a flick through any GCSE formulae you may have forgotten too :smile: Feel free to private message me any other questions I'd be happy to help!

PD practice pratice practice past paper calculations even if you think you know how to do them! :smile:
First 6 units of A Level are essentially built on top of the GCSE.

Full coverage of every topic is on you tube see BizConSesh.

A Level videos to follow soon.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending