The Student Room Group

What "learning style" are you?

Are you visual, auditory, reading/writing, and/or kinesthetic?

Also, do you feel that by knowing what "learning style" you are has helped support your education?

Look forward to your responses.

Kind regards,
Chad
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Horner94
Are you visual, auditory, reading/writing, and/or kinesthetic?

Also, do you feel that by knowing what "learning style" you are has helped support your education?

Look forward to your responses.

Kind regards,
Chad

I m apparently all 4 but that doesn't help me as I had specific learning difficulties so have specific weaknesses.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
I m apparently all 4 but that doesn't help me as I had specific learning difficulties so have specific weaknesses.
Hi Claire, thank you for your response. I was recently listening to a podcast from PsychCrunch about "learning styles" and being all four is not unusual, most of us use each one of these methods in learning something. Please see link: https://digest.bps.org.uk/podcast/

Regarding your weaknesses, what support have you received for this and have you developed strategies to overcome your weaknesses?

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Kind regards,
Chad
(edited 5 years ago)
"learning style" is not really a thing tho' ? just some psychobabble to create excuses for unintelligent children....
Reply 4
Hi, do you enjoy watching educational videos and ppt?

Kind regards,
Chad
Reply 5
Gonna be that guy and point out that there's no evidence to support "learning styles" being a thing.
Reply 6
Original post by the bear
"learning style" is not really a thing tho' ? just some psychobabble to create excuses for unintelligent children....
Well, there is very little evidence that it supports education. Please see the PsychCrunch link above.

Kind regards,
Chad
Original post by cxlvin
Gonna be that guy and point out that there's no evidence to support "learning styles" being a thing.

beat you to it :u:
Reply 8
Load of nonsense.
idek
Meh, idk, but i find it easier to keep stuff in my head when im writing it down and reading
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by mehhh1234
Meh, idk, but i find it easier to keep stuff in my head when im writing it down and reading
Yes, I would also use this technique. Would you write on ppt notes beside slides?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Kind regards,
Chad
Hi Claire, thank you for your response. I was recently listening to a podcast from PsychCrunch about "learning styles" and being all four is not unusual, most of us use each one of these methods in learning something. Please see link: https://digest.bps.org.uk/podcast/

Regarding your weaknesses, what support have you received for this and have you developed strategies to overcome your weaknesses?

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Kind regards,
Chad
I only really got support at uni, such as a support tutor,extra time and lots of technology, i just try to learn in a way that's suits me and feel that its okay if that doesn't fit into a box per say.
(edited 5 years ago)
Yes, I would also use this technique. Would you write on ppt notes beside slides?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Kind regards,
Chad

No i write them in paper
Reply 14
No i write them in paper
That's useful. Do you find that writing things down helps you process information better? Have you ever recorded notes electronically?

Kind regards,
Chad
That's useful. Do you find that writing things down helps you process information better? Have you ever recorded notes electronically?

Kind regards,
Chad

nope, it just help me to remember things. And no, i dont record them electronically (doesnt help me)
Reply 16
nope, it just help me to remember things. And no, i dont record them electronically (doesnt help me)
Yeah, that's helpful. Some people have told me that they prefer to take notes during lecutres instead of having print offs of ppt because it helps them stay focused and engaged. Do you agree with this?
(edited 5 years ago)
I'm a "monkey see, monkey do" learner. I watch, then I copy, now I can do it.
Yeah, that's helpful. Some people have told me that they prefer to take notes during lecutres instead of having print offs of ppt because it helps them stay focused and engaged. Do you agree with this?

umm no, one thing i have to write fast then my handwriting gets bad and then i dont understand what i have written, second although i listen to the lecturer i tend to drift away and forget stuff so i have to have a printed version to make short notes.
Reply 19
My learning style is daydreaming in lectures and then just reading the printed notes at home.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending