The Student Room Group

ipad

Has anyone's iPad suddenly stopped working? If so, what did you do about it? Thanks.
Can you tell us more info about the problem? Did you damage it or has the fault developed by itself? Sometimes switching it off and on again or resetting it can fix the problem.

If the problem persists, you could try factory resetting it and wiping everything on the iPad (make sure you back up your important date).

Also, depending on the model, it might be that your iPad is just too old to work well.
Reply 2
I'm not sure what happened. It was working fine and then I when I went to use it, there was just a black screen. It doesn't seem to respond in any way. I charged it to see if that would make any difference, but I can't even switch it on. It is three years old. I had it in a bag which I put down. Perhaps it got knocked or something? If so, can this happen?
Original post by HS22
I'm not sure what happened. It was working fine and then I when I went to use it, there was just a black screen. It doesn't seem to respond in any way. I charged it to see if that would make any difference, but I can't even switch it on. It is three years old. I had it in a bag which I put down. Perhaps it got knocked or something? If so, can this happen?

Make sure you've tried everything here, then book an appointment with your nearest Apple Store if it still doesn't work.

The iPad shouldn't stop working if it was knocked as it doesn't have any moving parts, so this seems unlikely unless someone really made an effort to damage it.
Original post by HS22
Has anyone's iPad suddenly stopped working? If so, what did you do about it? Thanks.

This has never happened to me. If the tablet is properly looked after then I guess it is a fault with the electrical components inside. Other than that if it is old then apple might have deliberately made it redundant.
Try holding down the lock and home button at the same time for around 10 seconds to reboot your iPad
Reply 6
Wow you have just brought my iPad back to life! Holding down the lock and home buttons at the same time worked a treat. Thank you so much :smile:
Kirsty Allsopp smashed her children’s iPads news may have travelled to your parents
Original post by Little Popcorns
Kirsty Allsopp smashed her children’s iPads news may have travelled to your parents

awful parent
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
awful parent

Yeah bit of an idiot especially that she’s a blatant right wing capitalist

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending