The Student Room Group

Is this a reason to end a friendship?

This is what I heard from someone. do you think it's true? They said something like mixed race people are beautiful but after they age of 26 they all start to look like bulldogs. is this fair? I think they were suggesting that the black features come out stronger. they said the bulldog is lurking there from the start but only reveals itself later when they get older and the black bulldog come out more strongly. should I distance myself from this friend? he also said black aboriginals look like morlocks. is this a reason to end a friendship? I'm a black guy and my friend is white.
Black features come out stronger? and thats a bad thing? is he indirectly saying that black people are ugly? I'm mixed myself and on my behalf can you tell him to go f*ck himself. Thanks x
Reply 2
He sounds like a prick.
First black people are apes and now we’ve got bulldog genes. What a world. :beard:
Reply 4
I think it's a pile of ********. At the end everyone looks like a dried vegetable.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
is he indirectly saying that black people are ugly?

well yeah, I think that's kind of obvious sherlock.
Black or mixed race people actually tend to age better than white people
Definitely a good enough reason to end a friendship.
You cant expect the users on this forum to give you an appropriate answer, after all we don't know what your relationship is like and how long you've known this guy for. The people on here take a very distant stance, as if they were told what you've been told by a stranger rather than a friend.

In my opinion, I think your being overly sensitive and its not something you should end a friendship over. You should ask yourself what your friends intentions were: Was he trying to be funny? Was it a joke? Or was he trying to undermine you indirectly? Is he passive-aggressively trying to insult you? Only you know the answer. If its the former, I would take too much notice. If its the latter, I would call this guy out or end the 'friendship'. I'm white, and if you said something to me like "white people are ugly when they get old, but black don't crack" I wouldn't be offended, I would just listen and smile, maybe say something back etc. I wouldn't attack you unless you were saying it in a very provocative manner.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by bones-mccoy
Black or mixed race people actually tend to age better than white people

In your opinion that is.

Also OP, remaining friends comes down to your own morals and standards. If you're happy keeping his company, fine. If you have decency and a brain, call him out and help him see how absurd he/she is. If that doesn't work, bin him/her.
This is what I heard from someone. do you think it's true? They said something like mixed race people are beautiful but after they age of 26 they all start to look like bulldogs. is this fair? I think they were suggesting that the black features come out stronger. they said the bulldog is lurking there from the start but only reveals itself later when they get older and the black bulldog come out more strongly. should I distance myself from this friend? he also said black aboriginals look like morlocks. is this a reason to end a friendship? I'm a black guy and my friend is white.

Well as long as you stand on your own two feet. If you see it as a joke/dark humour, and he says it is, then its fine. But make sure you don't be afraid to retaliate if it gets too far.

The sheer fact that you are questioning this abhorrent line of thinking already shows that you subconsciously know that you should rethink your relationship with this person
26 is a specific age.

p.s morlocks or murlocs?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending