Biology
Chemistry
Music

Next year i am thinking of taking:

Maths
English
Biology
Music

I don't know what to take for my final higher i don't want to take French. I was thinking that chemistry would fit in with Biology, Last year i didn't like chemistry but i think it was the teacher because this year i am really enjoying it. I am also not sure if it would be a waste of my time to take Spanish or Music because those are probably my best subjects but i'm really not sure what to take. Does anyone have any experience with these subjects an what i should take.
Reply 1
Original post by Valeriex
Hey guys this is my first post here but this year for my Nat 5's i am taking:
Maths
English
French
Spanish
Biology
Chemistry
Music

Maths
English
Biology
Music

I don't know what to take for my final higher i don't want to take French. I was thinking that chemistry would fit in with Biology, Last year i didn't like chemistry but i think it was the teacher because this year i am really enjoying it. I am also not sure if it would be a waste of my time to take Spanish or Music because those are probably my best subjects but i'm really not sure what to take. Does anyone have any experience with these subjects an what i should take.

The advice I would give u which may be a bit obvious is to go with the subject(s) your best at (also consider what you want to do when you leave school I.e what do you need etc.) Don’t get me wrong it’s good to go with subjects that you enjoy but also it’s quite important to consider what your best at (I did the opposite basically). But making the balance is the most important thing imo.
In terms of experience I can only comment on Chemistry and not music or Spanish, and honestly I found Higher Chemistry very hard although too be fair I didn’t have a strong A/B pass at Nat 5 (which may be why- due to a few reasons) make sure if you go for it too put a lot of time and effort into it, although Higher Chemistry is an interesting course imo, but from experience of what I done and friends it’s up there with the ‘Hardest Highers l’ and arguably the hardest. Not trying to put you off talking from my own experience but unless your enjoying it at Nat 5/good at it/or need it for when you leave school it may be worth considering the other options imo.
Original post by Valeriex
Hey guys this is my first post here but this year for my Nat 5's i am taking:
Maths
English
French
Spanish
Biology
Chemistry
Music

Maths
English
Biology
Music

:wavey:
The first thing I would advise would be to keep being open minded about which subjects you want to do- it's still very early in the academic year, and you do have plenty of time to decide (and change your mind!)!
I wouldn't say either Spanish or music would be a waste of your time, especially if you are good at them! It depends on what you're wanting to do though- if you're considering a career in something that uses chemistry, then that would probably be a better choice. Quez makes a really good point about the balance of what you enjoy vs what you need vs what you are best at- it's important to consider all of these when making your decision.
For now, the most important thing is to do the best you can in your Nat 5s, which will keep your options for higher as open as they can be :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending