Hussein2017
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Greetings,

I'm currently a Columbia Political science graduate. I'm decided to go to law school in the United Kingdom before going back to the United states. I have reasons why I do not want to attend law school in the United states.

I don't intend to practice law (at all; but I want to got into legal academia at some point), but my goal is to go into public service.

What that out of the way, I would like to know what advice you would have for some like me in regards to being to a mature student at Cambridge since I will be 21/22 when I begin the degree ( I'm turning 21). Would I be better off going to LSE because of my age?

Also, How studying law at LSE differs from studying law at Cambridge.

Many thanks in Advance.
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Hussein2017)

What that out of the way, I would like to know what advice you would have for some like me in regards to being to a mature student at Cambridge since I will be 21/22 when I begin the degree ( I'm turning 21). Would I be better off going to LSE because of my age?
Why do you think that might be the case? Are you aware that Cambridge has colleges just mature students (although any college will also accept mature students too) ?

If you already have an undergraduate degree you can apply as an Affiliated Student, which means your course is a year shorter.
https://www.undergraduate.study.cam....aduate-degrees

Posted from TSR Mobile
HMJLM
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think Cambridge is well set up for mature and 2nd BA students, including/especially Law students. There's no advantage to going to the LSE that I can see. If you have a query, email the admissions offices for Wolfson College and Hughes Hall.
mumal
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Location.

LSE is in London so you have access to other London facilities, conferences, talks, social events, locations etc, whilst Cambridge will mean you'll be in Cambridge. Cambridge students do go to social events in London sometimes too though. Its like a one hour or something train from London to Cambridge.
Maths&physics
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by mumal)
Location.

LSE is in London so you have access to other London facilities, conferences, talks, social events, locations etc, whilst Cambridge will mean you'll be in Cambridge. Cambridge students do go to social events in London sometimes too though. Its like a one hour or something train from London to Cambridge.
about 45 minutes
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (220)
43.65%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (57)
11.31%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (39)
7.74%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (106)
21.03%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (55)
10.91%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.36%

Watched Threads