The Student Room Group

RAF Fitness test

I'm looking to join the RAF next year after I finish high school and was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to complete the bleep test because its never been my strong point and do they still do the 2.4km run
(edited 5 years ago)
Work on your fitness. If a 2.4km run is difficult for you. Try running 2km Km every other day and slowly up the pace/distance. Thus increasing your fitness. As for the bleep test. One way would be to keep practicing the bleep test. You could also again go for a run every other and work on your fitness increasing the distance you run and decreasing the time you take to run a Km.

Pm me if you want more specific help.
Reply 2
Thanks really appreciate it Haaris
Original post by JoeR03
I'm looking to join the RAF next year after I finish high school and was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to complete the bleep test because its never been my strong point and do they still do the 2.4km run

Hi

Sorry, late reply. You can use the 12 week fitness plan to assist you to get ready for the RAF Fitness test. You can also download and practice the Multi Stage Fitness Test (Bleep Test) too.

It will depend on which role you apply for as to what you'll do for the test. If it's an Airmen role you'll do the run and the MSFT at a later stage. If it's an Officer role, you'll just do the MSFT (and press ups and sit ups).

https://www.raf.mod.uk/recruitment/media/2231/20170117-pub772-fit_for_action.pdf

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
Whatever you do I with the bleep test, make sure it’s a 20 metre shuttle and the the shortened police version!

Quick Reply

Latest