UserAccount2468
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
It' s been one week so far into my new sixth form (which isn't attatched to my secondary school) and I don't really like it. My reason for wanting to switch is purely for academic reasons.

I want to try out another sixth form that I've been considering. I wish to try it out for a week. If I like it, I'll stay. If I don't, I want to be able to move back into my previous sixth form.

I'm not dead set on letting go of the sixth form I'm currently in, however, it's not as good as I was hoping it to be. I just don't feel very happy with how it seems to be panning out. The new sixth form stated that I would be eligible for enrollment if I met their entry requirements and I have met them so that's not much of a worry, only whether there's places.

I wanted to ask whether this was possible. Would I need to go through the enrollment procedures all over again in the new sixth form? Will I be able to come back to my old sixth form or will they have already rid of my place? How would this all work out?

Thank you for reading my question. I would genuinely be grateful for any responses.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by UserAccount2468)
It' s been one week so far into my new sixth form (which isn't attatched to my secondary school) and I don't really like it. My reason for wanting to switch is purely for academic reasons.

I want to try out another sixth form that I've been considering. I wish to try it out for a week. If I like it, I'll stay. If I don't, I want to be able to move back into my previous sixth form.

I'm not dead set on letting go of the sixth form I'm currently in, however, it's not as good as I was hoping it to be. I just don't feel very happy with how it seems to be panning out. The new sixth form stated that I would be eligible for enrollment if I met their entry requirements and I have met them so that's not much of a worry, only whether there's places.

I wanted to ask whether this was possible. Would I need to go through the enrollment procedures all over again in the new sixth form? Will I be able to come back to my old sixth form or will they have already rid of my place? How would this all work out?

Thank you for reading my question. I would genuinely be grateful for any responses.
Talk to the new sixth form. Maybe be ill and try a few days there or just the open day? I cant tell how your current sixth form will react they may be sympathetic and they may not. Its up to them as to whether they let you.

Speak to a teacher you trust, the Local education authority and the new school. Just tread carefully because the current sixth form may really dislike the idea.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    The Bar Series: Applications and Interviews - London Bloomsbury campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 17 Oct '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (139)
17.77%
It's just nice to be back! (211)
26.98%
Not great so far... (281)
35.93%
I want to drop out! (151)
19.31%

Watched Threads