BlueEyes15
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Ok so I'm in year 14

(upper sixth - in England it's year 13, but I'm from NI so its slightly different)

anyway, PERSONAL STATEMENT. I have no idea how to write one. Like I've had a look at resources and things but i can't seem to put pen to paper. Any tips?

p.s hope youse all had a good monday haha
Sataris
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Think about what you're going to say before trying to dive in and write it. Make a list of the main points and then try writing a paragraph for each of them. Leave writing the beginning/end for when you've finished the rest
icygrl
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Ask your peer mentor, teachers, parents, friends for help
Watch youtube videos on it
Google it

It's basically like a CV kind of.

Look at these examples on TSR - which subject are you doing btw? You want to make sure you write about your preferred/favourite subject that you want to study at uni in here.
FAQ/QA here
Ask someone to review it here on TSR
Nmys
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You need to try and encompass the reasons why you want to study that course, what experience you have related to your interest in studying this course, and why the uni should accept you and how will you contribute to the uni i.e. what type of person are you.

It's best to start off with a list of all of your relevant experience, maybe even some personal notes, and extra curricular activities you have. Writing a personal statement is a long process, so honestly don't stress too much about the first draft, just get something down then find someone to help you finalise it and smooth it up.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (20)
22.99%
No (67)
77.01%

Watched Threads