The Student Room Group

Being a counsellor

I wanted to be a counsellor or therapist but have settled for being a nurse (which I wanted to do but it wasn’t my first choice) but I saw the salary in the uk and it is extremely extremely low (19k a year and up to 23k) but in Canada, ( up to 93k) what shall I do? I still want to live comfortably
Reply 1
I dont know where you saw those salaries but they sound way off most nurses earn about 27k in uk and most counsellors earn 10k to 55k a year in uk in Canada the currency conversion is very similar to uk wage really it just looks like big money as there cost of living is more over there so you need bigger wages I would stick with nursing if thats where your heart lies as both counselling and nursing are helping people. To earn more money in nursing you could train to become a theatre nurse or crna nurse but think you need American citizenship and a huge amount of money to school over there as its not a uk recognised profession. But nurses can earn up to 40k a year with experience and other training

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending