Adam14701470
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi everyone,

I'd just like to ask about AQA GCSE Sciences, because there just seem to be so many terms and words and want to see if anyone can explain them to me. What I don't understand is whether there are tiers or not (Foundation and Higher), and what the different pathsways are (Combined and Single Science), and why some topics in my textbook are labelled 'Biology/ Chemistry/ Physics Only' I'm just really confused.

Thank You.
username3089818
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Adam14701470)
Hi everyone,

I'd just like to ask about AQA GCSE Sciences, because there just seem to be so many terms and words and want to see if anyone can explain them to me. What I don't understand is whether there are tiers or not (Foundation and Higher), and what the different pathsways are (Combined and Single Science), and why some topics in my textbook are labelled 'Biology/ Chemistry/ Physics Only' I'm just really confused.

Thank You.
There are tiers and if u r doing the combined science u r not able to sit a higher paper for one and foundation for other.combined science is u doing the physics,chemistry and biology exams and getting a grade for all of them combined whereas single sciences is u doing the sciences in separate tiers if you wish,for single sciences u will only get 1 grade whereas fir combined its 9-9 9-8 etc.the topics marked in your textbook that r only means its not required if u r taking the combined science gcse.

Personally taking the combined science is easier as there is less content to learn and apply.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate