The Student Room Group

ApprenticeShip or A-Level

I’ve currently just started College but have doubts and want to do an apprenticeship instead. Do I do a business apprenticeship or carry on at college and complete a BTEC diploma level 3 in Business?
Original post by Yakubu_
I’ve currently just started College but have doubts and want to do an apprenticeship instead. Do I do a business apprenticeship or carry on at college and complete a BTEC diploma level 3 in Business?

The better your qualifications then the higher the apprenticeship you can apply for. Why not start looking now and if an amazing one comes along and you get it then you can move. until then stay on your course imo and work hard.
i felt the same way when I started, generally apprenticeships are better (more experience, getting paid, looks better on CV, no student loan) but you HAVE to be sure that its the field you want to go into and start a career in, otherwise you find yourself (like i did) with no backup qualifications and in a job you dont even like.

Give your course a few months and see how you feel, do thorough research on apprenticeships and if you're really unsure or worrying speak to a college teacher or careers advisor, it sounds like generic advice but they usually know what they're talking about and can help you consolidate things x

best of luck chuck😉

Quick Reply

Latest