Qays suleman
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
If I haven’t got enough gcse’s In order to become a pilot , is there a rank I need to be at when I’m in the raf to be able to become one ?
ruthf
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Qays suleman)
If I haven’t got enough gcse’s In order to become a pilot , is there a rank I need to be at when I’m in the raf to be able to become one ?
Being a pilot in the RAF is generally very difficult. Most people do not pass the specific pilot entrance exam, at least not the first time that they attempt it. As far as I know, you need to get though officer selection first before they’ll even consider you becoming a pilot.
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Qays suleman)
(Original post by ruthf)
Being a pilot in the RAF is generally very difficult. Most people do not pass the specific pilot entrance exam, at least not the first time that they attempt it. As far as I know, you need to get though officer selection first before they’ll even consider you becoming a pilot.
When you apply to join the RAF you select the branch you would prefer to join, ie pilot, engineer, logistics or whatever. You have to have the academic entry requirements to et called up for the further tests and interviews. At the further tests and interviews, your aptitude for the branch is tested. If you don't have the aptitude for your first choice branch, you may be offered the chance to change your application to your second or third or another choice. However, the whole process is very competitive, you still have to be the best of the candidates to actually get an offer. So, by the time you sign up and join the RAF to begin officer training, you will already be selected for your branch, ie a potential pilot, engineer etc. Rank has nothing to do with branch.
Surnia
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you were thinking of joining the ranks and trying to transfer to pilot later, you would be stuck in a role you didn't really want trying to go down a route that is incredibly difficult and highly unlikely to succeed.

If you were looking at Pilot, do you have the required higher qualifications, and are just short on GSCEs? In which case, can you study and get the exam results you need? All officer roles need GCSEs.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (5)
9.09%
Disagree (4)
7.27%
Neither agree or disagree (16)
29.09%
Agree (19)
34.55%
Strongly Agree (11)
20%

Watched Threads

Latest