The Student Room Group

Gcse equivalent in portugal

Hello,
So,i'm portuguese student. And,i wanted to know what year in Portugal is equivalent to GCSE?
Thank you.
Original post by Malik behzad
Hello,
So,i'm portuguese student. And,i wanted to know what year in Portugal is equivalent to GCSE?
Thank you.

The exams you sit in year11. GCSE covers ages 15 and 16 years 10 and 11? That looks like second cycle?

https://www.expatica.com/pt/education/Education-in-Portugal_105195.html
Original post by 999tigger
The exams you sit in year11. GCSE covers ages 15 and 16 years 10 and 11? That looks like second cycle?

https://www.expatica.com/pt/education/Education-in-Portugal_105195.html

9th is when we finish our 3rd cycle. Also,it's when we have a lot of different subjects. After that,we enter our secondary level(which is kind of doing A-levels throughout the three years).
Actually,i talked with Naric,however the weren't able to covert my year 11 grades. Someone,else knows somethingand can help me?
9th is when we finish our 3rd cycle. Also,it's when we have a lot of different subjects. After that,we enter our secondary level(which is kind of doing A-levels throughout the three years).
Actually,i talked with Naric,however the weren't able to covert my year 11 grades. Someone,else knows somethingand can help me?

Just use some common sense.

GCSEs are going to be equivalent to whatever exams you were doing when you were 15 and 16.

What is it you are trying to do?
Apply to a UK university?

Have you contacted them directly?

They are most likely unconcerned about GCSE equivalents and only about whatever the A level equivalent is.
Original post by 999tigger
Just use some common sense.

GCSEs are going to be equivalent to whatever exams you were doing when you were 15 and 16.

What is it you are trying to do?
Apply to a UK university?

Have you contacted them directly?

They are most likely unconcerned about GCSE equivalents and only about whatever the A level equivalent is.

So,between 15 to 16 y,I finished my year 9th. That's why i'm saying,for me GCSE can't be my year 11th. No,i'm not applying for Uni,i'm doing my A-levels here. But,thank you for your help.
So,between 15 to 16 y,I finished my year 9th. That's why i'm saying,for me GCSE can't be my year 11th. No,i'm not applying for Uni,i'm doing my A-levels here. But,thank you for your help.

Its whatever exams you would have been doing about age 16. the ones before A levels. You are just going to have to use some common sense and find an equivalent.
I went on the portuguese government website and it says that when you finish your Gcse's and pass , it is equivalent to finishing year 10 in portugal so you would you be progressing to year 11 in portugal after Gcse's
Reply 7
I've done the A levels in Portugal and when I applied for statement of compatibility, it doesn't mention about English and Math.Now I apply for training to teach and the university doesn't accept my statement of compatibility because of that.My question is, if I made the A levels, why the statement of compatibility doesn't show that I've made English and Math?
Original post by FJPS
I've done the A levels in Portugal and when I applied for statement of compatibility, it doesn't mention about English and Math.Now I apply for training to teach and the university doesn't accept my statement of compatibility because of that.My question is, if I made the A levels, why the statement of compatibility doesn't show that I've made English and Math?

What A levels did you do?
Was it Certificado de escola secundaria you provided them with?

Quick Reply

Latest