Student1191
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
What’s the new course (teaching from 2016) like?
Thelabtatpast
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Student1191)
What’s the new course (teaching from 2016) like?
Its fine but i have to say that it is a lot harder than the old spec with 100% coursework. The new spec has 2 exams that equate for around 60% of your grade and the rest is coursework. The new spec was designed to allow less people to get top grades such as Distinction.
You will do 4 units for the extended certificate and an aggregate of your overall performance will give you your grade.
Student1191
Rep:
?
(Original post by Thelabtatpast)
Its fine but i have to say that it is a lot harder than the old spec with 100% coursework. The new spec has 2 exams that equate for around 60% of your grade and the rest is coursework. The new spec was designed to allow less people to get top grades such as Distinction.
You will do 4 units for the extended certificate and an aggregate of your overall performance will give you your grade.
How many total units are there? I’m aware of the 2 external assessments each year. Am I right in thinking one is an exam and another is a controlled coursework?
Student1191
Rep:
?
Anyone?
Thelabtatpast
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Anyone?
One is a proper style exam where you do the exam in the hall. This is unit 3 .

Another one is where you will be given a task and a case study and will have to design a marketing campaign. This is done in an ICT room and is classed as external assessment . This is unit 2 .
Student1191
Rep:
?
One is a proper style exam where you do the exam in the hall. This is unit 3 .

Another one is where you will be given a task and a case study and will have to design a marketing campaign. This is done in an ICT room and is classed as external assessment . This is unit 2 .
Do you make the marketing or is it more on decisions like distribution, target audience, and costs?
Student1191
Rep:
?
Bump! I’d like to know more about this course
Thelabtatpast
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Do you make the marketing or is it more on decisions like distribution, target audience, and costs?
Its kinda a bit of both. Each year you will be randomly assigned a task so last year it was vinyl. Than you will carry out research on vinyl so sales figuires,product design etc.(this is done in a 6 hour slot before the exam) then the exam is split into two sections and the first is talking about target auidence and how research was conducted(primary data and secondary and then talking about strengths and weaknesses) in the second you will be given a budget and location and you will have have to give reasoning for your decisions ie sell more of this due to location or change the design to suit a new audience ect. More information will be available on the website. Just search btec level 3 business and you should be able to find it.
Student1191
Rep:
?
Its kinda a bit of both. Each year you will be randomly assigned a task so last year it was vinyl. Than you will carry out research on vinyl so sales figuires,product design etc.(this is done in a 6 hour slot before the exam) then the exam is split into two sections and the first is talking about target auidence and how research was conducted(primary data and secondary and then talking about strengths and weaknesses) in the second you will be given a budget and location and you will have have to give reasoning for your decisions ie sell more of this due to location or change the design to suit a new audience ect. More information will be available on the website. Just search btec level 3 business and you should be able to find it.
Thank you Do you do this course?
Thelabtatpast
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thank you Do you do this course?
I finished it in August and found out that i got a Distinction grade in this course which i was quite happy with
Student1191
Rep:
?
I finished it in August and found out that i got a Distinction grade in this course which i was quite happy with
Congratulations on your amazing grade! I’ve started BTEC IT but might see if I can swap to business because I don’t like the amount of programming involved
RyanPeart
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The new spec if fine. You just need to focus and do lots of work and revision at home. It might be the first time your teacher teaches specific units, so just make sure you go over the work at home and ask if you don't understand something or are unsure of something.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (198)
24.32%
Pop (197)
24.2%
Jazz (33)