The Student Room Group

Medical Work Experience

Good Afternoon All,

I am embarking on Medical Work experience at my local hospital and I was wondering if there is anything I need to know (in terms of like Biology, medicine) specifically before going. I have a few months till I start and haven't done biology in a fair few years.

I intend to brush up my knowledge on medical terminology and such but is there anything specifically i would need to know?

Original post by hurricaneellin
Good Afternoon All,

I am embarking on Medical Work experience at my local hospital and I was wondering if there is anything I need to know (in terms of like Biology, medicine) specifically before going. I have a few months till I start and haven't done biology in a fair few years.

I intend to brush up my knowledge on medical terminology and such but is there anything specifically i would need to know?

Not at this stage. When you start you will work out what you will be doing and then may be a good time to do some background reading.
Original post by hurricaneellin
Good Afternoon All,

I wouldn't worry about scientific knowledge for work experience. That's not what you're there to do. What's important is to go with an open, enquiring mind, watch carefully, ask relevant questions when it's appropriate to do so and, most importantly, take lots of notes. This will allow you to reflect on what you've seen and heard - this is the most valuable part of the experience for you, and is what medical schools are looking for.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending