Turn on thread page Beta

Why do ordinary people think Jacob Rees Mogg speaks for them? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    As per title.

ReputationRep:
    who the hell

ReputationRep:
    Some 'ordinary people' thought Tommy Robinson spoke for them. Even more 'ordinary people' think that Jeremy Corbyn speaks for them. What exactly are you asking?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Because he understands the real life struggles of this world. The amount of times I've had to wait because my valet can't fix my cufflinks is honestly unbearable.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Aspirational voters most probably.

ReputationRep:
    A posh man who doesn't pay tax who speaks for the working man.

ReputationRep:
    Because a really significant portion of poor people think that they're millionaires in waiting and as such, line up to vote for tax cuts for multi-nationals.

ReputationRep:
    How dare you question this fine gentleman.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andrew97)
    uggh, a bit of sick just came up in my mouth. Thanks for that.

ReputationRep:
    Quite right. The scions of Eton cannot and should not be subjected to the humiliating public ordeal of 'questions'.

ReputationRep:
    Because most ordinary people are dumb. He’s smart.

ReputationRep:
    To you, that image screams class, authority and w/e. To a lot of us it screams out of touch mama's boy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johnathan94)
    Because a really significant portion of poor people think that they're millionaires in waiting and as such, line up to vote for tax cuts for multi-nationals.
    Some truthiness there. Also though I just think a lot of people in England are still very deferential to what they perceive as upper class - that accent, the perfect suits, immaculate manners, etc. Basically you can be in charge of anything and get away with anything (as a man) if you adopt a foppish Eton accent, use Savile Row and speak in an amiable Queenly drawl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3121)
    Because most ordinary people are dumb. He’s smart.
    So smart that when asked, he cannot for the life of him think how to deliver the Brexit that he has constantly demanded for several decades. Hmmm. You'd think he'd have had time to think about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    Some truthiness there. Also though I just think a lot of people in England are still very deferential to what they perceive as upper class - that accent, the perfect suits, immaculate manners, etc. Basically you can be in charge of anything and get away with anything (as a man) if you adopt a foppish Eton accent, use Savile Row and speak in an amiable Queenly drawl.
    And, in a very British way, you can do the exact opposite and achieve the same result, so long as the accent is still there. Grow your hair into a blonde mop, refuse to get dressed properly, put on four stone, shuffle around like a drunk who's just rolled out of bed and offend as many people as humanely possible. (to be fair, this could be me...)

ReputationRep:
    So smart that when asked, he cannot for the life of him think how to deliver the Brexit that he has constantly demanded for several decades. Hmmm. You'd think he'd have had time to think about it.
    I think JRM considers implementation beneath him. Implementation, in terms of detail, is what minions do. Or 'The Executive'. JRM's role is to wave his hand and see to it that 'it is done'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reality Check)
    (to be fair, this could be me...)
    Complete with a dozen mistresses or so? :teehee:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I'll add Nigel Farage into this mix as well.

ReputationRep:
    I can't say I have too much time for 'manners' myself, they're a world apart for things like decency and strength of character.

Boris Johnson is seen to be a man of manners but in reality he's a philandering, lying little toe-rag with the background of nasty little thug, not a statesman.

You're right about the deference to the upper classes though. Very different up here in Scotland though.

ReputationRep:
    Complete with a dozen mistresses or so? :teehee:
    I don't have the Hoare & Co. account to 'facilitate' this... I've a lowly hareem of three. (let's hope wifey doesn't read that...)

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.