Why do I hate my best friend Watch

unknownpersons
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Me and my guy best friend have been best friends for the past 3 or so years, we are also best friends with a girl who I’ve been close to for as long as I can remember, and really love her as the great friend she is. However my guy best friend had recently become a hassle to deal with. He recently admitted he wanted to be in a relationship with me, and me not knowing how to feel just kinda went “uhh idk” and he pretty much took that as a yes, and he started to get really affectionate to me, which I was already super uncomfortable with. I ended up putting him in his place when he said “we’ll tell her when we’re ready” (talking about telling our other friend that we were a ‘couple’). He once asked me while I was working to hang out the next day, and I said no, so he threw something at me. Ever since then I’ve slowly grown more and more aware of how annoying this person is to me. I feel I have grown so apart from him, even though we still see each other like twice a week and Snapchat everyday, but I am actually losing my mind over how much I hate him. I don’t wanna call the friendship off seeing as its been so long, and our little squad with the three of us might deteriorate (as I still want to be best friends with this girl), but I also can’t stand being around him. I just don’t know what to do??
GlockInmyRari
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Tell him that you are not in a relationship and that you don't want to be. Make clear that you see him as a friend. I find it weird that he thinks that you're his girlfriend when you obviously don't want to be. Either you have been very unclear about what you want or he ignores whatever you say and lives in his own fantasy world.

After you tell him that you don't want to be a couple, you should stop meeting him for a while. Maybe after a while you can go back to being friends again. You'll see him less and he'll probably act normal again so you won't be annoyed by him anymore. If he doesn't want to be friends after this, that's too bad, but you have to take that risk cause this situation is messed up.

You can still be best friends with the girl right? Explain to her what the situation is and she'll probably understand. Can't imagine that she will blame you and completely side with him.
Heroic_
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by GlockInmyRari)
Tell him that you are not in a relationship and that you don't want to be. Make clear that you see him as a friend. I find it weird that he thinks that you're his girlfriend when you obviously don't want to be. Either you have been very unclear about what you want or he ignores whatever you say and lives in his own fantasy world.

After you tell him that you don't want to be a couple, you should stop meeting him for a while. Maybe after a while you can go back to being friends again. You'll see him less and he'll probably act normal again so you won't be annoyed by him anymore. If he doesn't want to be friends after this, that's too bad, but you have to take that risk cause this situation is messed up.

You can still be best friends with the girl right? Explain to her what the situation is and she'll probably understand. Can't imagine that she will blame you and completely side with him.
unknownpersons - I agree in the most part with this comment, except for remaining friends. You have to understand that for some guys it's difficult to be just 'friends' with a girl without an ulterior motive like a relationship (that's the case for me anyway, i don't have close relationships with female friends at all.. i have female friends but maintain my distance).

Don't be concerned with the length of time. I was friends with people from 5 years old to 19 years old and we all moved in different directions. This is how life is, we all change and grow over time.
StriderHort
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Would probably have been better to have said no in the first place.

Seems a douche anyway, if you hate him, he makes stuff up in his head, makes you uncomfortable and chucks stuff at you when not getting his way....WTF pretend to be snapchat buds every day?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (19)
6.62%
They might tell the bully (29)
10.1%
I don't think they'd understand (44)
15.33%
It might lead to more bullying (106)
36.93%
There's nothing they could do (89)
31.01%

Watched Threads