The Student Room Group

Is it bad to get a 2:2 during my second year for a law student.

So I have my own reasons for not able to get good grades during my second year. It involves family matters.

So I ended up failing 2 modules that I had to resit and were capped at a pass.

Now my diploma is 40% second year and 60% third year.

I have 50 overall for my second year and in order to get 60 overall I will need 67 for my third year. It's not challenging to get in my point of view.

What I'm worried about is getting vacation schemes and training contracts. Will my second year results block me from getting any?
If so do you think its a good idea to repeat my second year?

looking forward to your responses.
Original post by Aldeeyego
So I have my own reasons for not able to get good grades during my second year. It involves family matters.

So I ended up failing 2 modules that I had to resit and were capped at a pass.

Now my diploma is 40% second year and 60% third year.

I have 50 overall for my second year and in order to get 60 overall I will need 67 for my third year. It's not challenging to get in my point of view.

What I'm worried about is getting vacation schemes and training contracts. Will my second year results block me from getting any?
If so do you think its a good idea to repeat my second year?

looking forward to your responses.

I got a 2:2 in my second year and worked really hard to get a 2:1 overall, I managed it and thankfully I was offered a training contract a few months after I graduated. They never asked for my results specifically; a 2:1 was enough. Just work really hard, and if you still get a 2:2, you can always improve your CV by getting a lot of work experience. A 2:2 is NOT the end of the world!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending