The Student Room Group

A levels + btec

Currently I am at sixth form doing A-level psychology and economics, however I am doing an extended certificate level 3 business studies course which is a btec. I am trying to replace my btec with an A level because of the fear of not being able to get into an at least decent university. I am scared that my btec will hold me back.
What are you trying to change it to? Please define what a ‘decent University’ means to you, you should be able to get into most universities with BBC requirements with a BTEC. Look on individual uni requirements and contact them if you’re unsure
Reply 2
Original post by Nathan Scott
What are you trying to change it to? Please define what a ‘decent University’ means to you, you should be able to get into most universities with BBC requirements with a BTEC. Look on individual uni requirements and contact them if you’re unsure

Tbh I have no clue what to do I would have done Spanish but it’s on at the same time as my economics class
Original post by cxnny.xox
Tbh I have no clue what to do I would have done Spanish but it’s on at the same time as my economics class

What university courses do you have in mind?
Reply 4
Idk what career I want to do in the future yet so I’m v much stuck.
Original post by Nathan Scott
What university courses do you have in mind?
Reply 5
There's nothing to worry about, you'll just get an offer for 2 A-levels and your BTEC.
Original post by cxnny.xox
Currently I am at sixth form doing A-level psychology and economics, however I am doing an extended certificate level 3 business studies course which is a btec. I am trying to replace my btec with an A level because of the fear of not being able to get into an at least decent university. I am scared that my btec will hold me back.

Having one BTEC shouldn’t stop you from accessing any uni. Reason being that if a uni doesn’t accept extended diploma they almost always accept it or the equiv of 1/2 a levels alongside a relevant a level

Quick Reply