The Student Room Group

Kcl dentistry ukcat

Hi all,

Just wondering about KCL dentistry. I know they're very UKCAT heavy - I got 660 and Band 3 (:/). Do I have a shot? I think my strength lies in PS and up until now Leeds and Bristol were my two top choices but just thought I'd consider everything.
Please be honest...

Thanks
Original post by pkt01
Hi all,

Just wondering about KCL dentistry. I know they're very UKCAT heavy - I got 660 and Band 3 (:/). Do I have a shot? I think my strength lies in PS and up until now Leeds and Bristol were my two top choices but just thought I'd consider everything.
Please be honest...

Thanks

Kings take quite a holistic approach in the selection process, so the band 3 in situational judgement should be balanced out by a good personal statement and high predicted grades.
I know someone who got into kings with a UKCAT of 630 and high predicted grades, so as long as the rest of your application is really good, you should be fine.
What are your predicted grades?
Original post by student140536
Kings take quite a holistic approach in the selection process, so the band 3 in situational judgement should be balanced out by a good personal statement and high predicted grades.
I know someone who got into kings with a UKCAT of 630 and high predicted grades, so as long as the rest of your application is really good, you should be fine.
What are your predicted grades?

A* A A, so the minimum :/. That's why I'm not as sure... I did alright at GCSE 5A*s, 4As, 2Bs - do they look at GCSEs?
Original post by pkt01
A* A A, so the minimum :/. That's why I'm not as sure... I did alright at GCSE 5A*s, 4As, 2Bs - do they look at GCSEs?

Do you think you could get one of the A grades pushed to an A*?
they do look at GCSE grades, yours are absolutely fine.

Kings Website:
When considering those students which will be shortlisted for interview the selectors consider the following; GCSE (or equivalent performance), predicted or achieved A-level grades (or equivalent), the personal statement, the reference and the score in the UKCAT. These contribute to the shortlisting of candidates, and we do assess for this programme holistically, taking in to account all these factors and your performance in the context of your educational background. Examination results and the UKCAT score are perhaps the most important factors when considering applications. These are highlighted as they provide us with the fairest and most consistent method of assessing applicants.

I think with your stats its worth applying, your grades are high enough, Ukcat score is pretty good. Only the SJT is low, so you should be fine.
Original post by student140536
Do you think you could get one of the A grades pushed to an A*?
they do look at GCSE grades, yours are absolutely fine.

Kings Website:
When considering those students which will be shortlisted for interview the selectors consider the following; GCSE (or equivalent performance), predicted or achieved A-level grades (or equivalent), the personal statement, the reference and the score in the UKCAT. These contribute to the shortlisting of candidates, and we do assess for this programme holistically, taking in to account all these factors and your performance in the context of your educational background. Examination results and the UKCAT score are perhaps the most important factors when considering applications. These are highlighted as they provide us with the fairest and most consistent method of assessing applicants.

I think with your stats its worth applying, your grades are high enough, Ukcat score is pretty good. Only the SJT is low, so you should be fine.

Great thanks for the advice! Honestly, I don't think I could get any higher predictions - Chemistry is something I tend to find difficult, and while Classics is a strong suit of mine, I don't think I will get any higher than an A prediction...

Quick Reply

Latest