Oyster card. I live in London but Uni is not. Help!

Watch
Undec
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I live in London normally with my parents currently. I use a 16-18 oyster card now however it is about to expire. I am off to university (Durham) and obviously, I am unable to apply for a student oyster card as you can only have one if you are enrolled in a Uni in London.
What should I do is there any way or a way for me to be eligible for any discounted oyster prices when I return to London for the holidays and outside of term time. Or am I forced to pay the full oyster card prices?
I am in possession of a 16-25 Rail Card.
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Undec)
I live in London normally with my parents currently. I use a 16-18 oyster card now however it is about to expire. I am off to university (Durham) and obviously, I am unable to apply for a student oyster card as you can only have one if you are enrolled in a Uni in London.
What should I do is there any way or a way for me to be eligible for any discounted oyster prices when I return to London for the holidays and outside of term time. Or am I forced to pay the full oyster card prices?
A 16-25 rail card gives you some discounts on your oyster card. You should be eligible for a an 18+ zip oyster.
jameswhughes
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Undec)

You aren't eligible for a student Oyster outside London as it's only for discounts on travelcards, so of no use to you at Durham. You can get a third off off-peak tube and national rail tickets by linking your 16-25 railcard to your Oyster, do this at any tube station.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (6)
4.41%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (23)
16.91%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (24)
17.65%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (19)
13.97%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (40)
29.41%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (24)
17.65%

Watched Threads