The Student Room Group

Is Doing What You Love Growth Over Comfort Or Vice Versa?

Is choosing BTEC Games over BTEC Bussiness comfort over growth or growth over comfort? Choosing to do what I love and being motivated in sacrifice of financial stability or being financially secure and an adult in sacrifice of motivation and dying of boredom on a desk job? I heard that phrase somewhere in an article on success and I was wondering if what I'm doing can be seen as that.

I also get to do 3D modelling on the Games course, which I'm very exited about and I'm thinking about giving it a go with working on buildings with architects if things don't work out despite having a 4 in GCSE maths and no A levels.
I think it’s best to do what you enjoy as long as you work hard and know the right people you can get to do almost any career
Original post by Jenjenss
I think it’s best to do what you enjoy as long as you work hard and know the right people you can get to do almost any career

The former is what I can do, it's just that connections aren't in my favour since I'm not that social. They say that it's best when you're recommended by a friend because then it creates that false sense of trust and them knowing you, so your chances of employment rise up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending