Personal statement and UCAS points?!?!

Watch
Shaztaylor
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi I will be going to uni September 2019 so I’m currently in the stage of making my UCAS application (worst website ever made). I really need help on things to put on my personal statement, I’m looking at studying philosophy, religion and ethics. I would be thankful for any advice!! Also if anybody goes to Chester and would like to tell me what it’s like and how I can gain some extra UCAS points
zars9777
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, I’m a 2nd year uni student... when you’re writing your personal statement include:

- your hobbies
- why you’re the right candidate for the course
- how is the course relevant to your future career
- have you got any transerfable skills (e.g leadership, ability to work solo etc)
- why the subject interests you
- why that particular course interests you (e.g interested in broadening your knowledge on the modules of the course)
- have you read any books about the subject you’re going to be studying, if so comment on those
- most important be as positive as you can, no 2 personal statements are the same!

Good luck!!!
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by zars9777)
Hi, I’m a 2nd year uni student... when you’re writing your personal statement include:

- your hobbies
- have you got any transerfable skills (e.g leadership, ability to work solo etc)
- why that particular course interests you (e.g interested in broadening your knowledge on the modules of the course)
- have you read any books about the subject you’re going to be studying, if so comment on those
- most important be as positive as you can, no 2 personal statements are the same!

Good luck!!!
Hi,

Please stop giving out incorrect info about hobbies and career plans needing to go into a statement. I’ve already corrected you in two other threads.
super_kawaii
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by zars9777)

- your hobbies

Good luck!!!
Hobbies have zero place in a personal statement as they are completely irrelevant.

Everything on your personal statement should be about proving why you are interested in your subject and how you would be an asset to the course and the institution. If anything you say is not related to the course, it does not belong on the PS
Shaztaylor
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Thanks although I appreciate any advice I’ve sort of been ignoring anything about hobbies as I really can’t see how any hobbies would be relevant to what I want to study
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Shaztaylor)
Thanks although I appreciate any advice I’ve sort of been ignoring anything about hobbies as I really can’t see how any hobbies would be relevant to what I want to study
Have you been to a chester open day? They’ll normally have talks and people you can talk to about your ps and to find out more about the course
super_kawaii
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Shaztaylor)
You should ignore hobbies because they are irrelevant
GalGirl101
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Don't put hobbies down. I tried to and my career advisor pretty much went "it's useless take it out"
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (321)
34.22%
No (617)
65.78%

Watched Threads