Ch0c0late
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I am currently studying Alevel maths, biology and chemistry so I want to know which textbooks are the best for me to use. Are the cgp books still useful for alevels or the books endorsed by exam boards are a lot more better?
Gent2324
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
books endorsed by the exam board = where you learn the stuff
cgp books = revise stuff with assumed knowledge and that you've already been taught it
cgp books wont cover each entire type of question for maths as its just too big of a subject for a revision guide, but cgp books are still hel[ful
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Ch0c0late)
I am currently studying Alevel maths, biology and chemistry so I want to know which textbooks are the best for me to use. Are the cgp books still useful for alevels or the books endorsed by exam boards are a lot more better?
Aren't your school providing the books you need?
Ch0c0late
Rep:
?
(Original post by Muttley79)
Aren't your school providing the books you need?
So far not yet. We have kerboodle but we have not yet got our logins. And there is this policy where you have to return the book after 14 days? But i am not fully aware.
Ch0c0late
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gent2324)
books endorsed by the exam board = where you learn the stuff
cgp books = revise stuff with assumed knowledge and that you've already been taught it
cgp books wont cover each entire type of question for maths as its just too big of a subject for a revision guide, but cgp books are still hel[ful
Thank you. But are there any specifics that you can recommend? Like the oxford one or hodder education. Btw i do aqa
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
So far not yet. We have kerboodle but we have not yet got our logins. And there is this policy where you have to return the book after 14 days? But i am not fully aware.
Ask then - you need to know what resources will be supplied before you buy anything.
Gent2324
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thank you. But are there any specifics that you can recommend? Like the oxford one or hodder education. Btw i do aqa
ive found that hodder education books are usually ****, not in terms of content but the layout and explinations, the oxford ones like this
https://www.amazon.co.uk/AQA-Level-M...+maths+a+level
seem to be the main ones as they are approved by aqa, but im not entirely sure on the syllabus for aqa
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (560)
34.06%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (677)
41.18%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (332)
20.19%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (75)
4.56%

Watched Threads