razakhan23
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
i want to go into politics and don't know what the best subjects would be for me to use
MonstrousColonel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
how old are you? are you after gcse subjects or a-level?
username4036932
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Well if you are at GCSE level then you should probably do History.
If you at A -Level you could do English lit, History and Politics if your school has politics.
MonstrousColonel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
oh wait, i see it’s titled gcse - sorry! At gcse basically just take the subjects you’re interested in as gcse’s are only a pathway to a-level. Have a think about what you want to take for a-levels and make sure you meet the criteria for them (usually you just need essay writing skills for politics but if your school offers it, it is helpful to study gcse or a level politics). Feel free to drop me a message if you want more specific advice as i’m about to start a degree in politics
Raen
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
History is a probably good bet for politics. If your school offers economics it would be relevant to, maybe business studies too. It's GCSEs pick subjects you like and you're good at. If you're good at maths, pick further maths! Don't limit your options solely to Politics, in a years time you may want to do something completely different even though your heart is set on politics right now. In assumption that you're planning to do A-Levels consider what subjects you need to study something like government and politics or English. Also, because you're planning on politics try and see if your school has a debating society, it'd be good experience and a basic initial insight into politics.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (514)
33.64%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (633)
41.43%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (312)
20.42%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (69)
4.52%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise