Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
haiii ;-)

last month I accepted an offer from UCL to study psychology

this is my personal statement to help those who need it

if u copy it then ucas will catch you

Note to readers: Please DO NOT post your personal statement online unless you are already at university - if you do, you risk being accused of plagiarism by UCAS/universities.

Spoiler:
Show

Studying psychology at GCSE not only helped me to develop my resea ch skills but also, it made me enthusiastic about how human behaviour can be explained. Learning about why people are aggressive at this level increased my motivation and interest for the explanation of human behaviour and how it connects to criminal actions such as the experiment carried out by Bandura on social learning theory of aggression. This experiment highlighted to me how easy individuals are associated to criminal behaviour which eventually enhanced the desire to extend my knowledge on human minds. After I attended a conference from the director general of National Crime Agency who addressed many types of crimes such as drug/child trafficking and how they tackle it, I knew from that moment that I wanted to learn about human nature. Improving my education on why people act in specific ways and identifying if there is a solution to reduce deviant attitudes, contributes to my determination to work within law enforcement. This career choice would be adequate for me a previously being part of the Lancashire Police Cadet unit, not only did I get an insight on how far crime has enlarged within society now as actions of terrorism have returned but also, it has inspired me to work alongside others to reduce crime and make society more safe for everyone. Over my first few months as a year 12 student, I was researching about domestic violence as a result of completing my EPQ project. My decision on basing my project on agressive individuals was influenced by reading about domestic violence in the news, alongside with other reports shown in the news. This compelled me to become more interested in the factors that influences us to believe and behave in certain ways and if so, is there a way that we can all conform to one lifestyle? This type of qualification helped me to develop my research skills alongside, becoming more independent and organised when it came to deadlines and finalising my drafts. Studying chemistry Presently, as part of my sixth form leadership team, my role is mentoring KS3 and KS4 in aperespective that the support we provide, as an institution to young students, will contribute to their successes and education. Having an insight in this form of leadership has enhanced since my leadership as Captain for the school's football team a few years ago. Ultimately, my presenting, planning and co ordinance qualities have developed to a large extent as I have gained the initiative to be patient with others and help students throughout their years of education. Also, this has developed my teamwork skills, by working with a group of sixth formers, and my confidence as I engage with new people regularly and I am capable to find solutions for any issues they come across with. My A-levels have helped me to cement necessary attributes needed for a profession in the outside world because studying chemistry at A-level has increased my capability to conduct research independently and develop my problem - solving skills which is evidenced through the calculations I need to carry. Alternatively, studying history and English literature gave me the opportunity to build up my analytical approach to different situations. After leaving cadets, I was encouraged to do work placement with the Lancashire Police unit. This fascinated me because not only did it increase my awareness with the type of individuals police officers often come across to in courts but also, it gave me an understanding of the way we should approach individuals in order to not escalate situations even further.My part-time job enabled me to deal with complaints from customers and find an appropriate way to deal with the problem but it also gave me the experience to acknowledge how important it is to work as a team and to be successful. After gaining an understanding of how important studying human behaviour is and how it impacts society in areas such as crime, I have set myself a high standard into working in an institution that constantly deals with negative human behaviour. However, I strongly believe that this ambition of mine will only be achieved through developing my knowledge in this subject.
username3506416
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Love your personal statement!

Well done!

I have PM'd you
username3506416
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Love your personal statement!

Well done on getting accepted by UCL!

What advice do you have for personal statements?

What did you get in your A levels? What subjects ?
I do history and English too!

Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (554)
33.93%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (675)
41.33%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (330)
20.21%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (74)
4.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise