The Student Room Group

GCSE Yr11 GYG: Life of a Ferrari fan

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ferrari101
Good luck with your textiles! And thank youu!!! And you will ace yours as well 😌

Thanks it’s fine we’re here to motivate eachother!! 🤗
Geography
All in one week?!!!
Wowow
Good luck for thoseeee! I’m sure you’ll do amazing! It’s stressful, but once they are done you can at least relax for A week 😹
What subjects did you choose?

Yup 1 week
Geography history rs and electronics
Original post by halsx11
Thanks it’s fine we’re here to motivate eachother!! 🤗

Yuppp!!!! Just don’t stress out too much!

Original post by Cov3rt
Geography
Yup 1 week
Geography history rs and electronics

Damnnn! I feel sorry for youuu! It’s hard when all your mocks are in one week, it’s too stressful....
I do history as well! What board?
And wow electronics??? I never knew that was a gcse subject. How is electronics going?
Glad to hear from you again :hugs:
Enjoy your weekend and hope the revision is going well :woo:
Original post by nyxnko_
Glad to hear from you again :hugs:
Enjoy your weekend and hope the revision is going well :woo:

Heyyy!
I’m glad to be back 😊😊
Thanks
Enjoy your weekend as well!
How were you though?
Heyyy!
I’m glad to be back 😊😊
Thanks
Enjoy your weekend as well!
How were you though?

:hugs:
Thank you :biggrin:
Been well, a bit lazy, but overall, still the same person :yes:
Damnnn! I feel sorry for youuu! It’s hard when all your mocks are in one week, it’s too stressful....
And wow electronics??? I never knew that was a gcse subject. How is electronics going?

Yeah don’t worry! Aren’t you meant to be revising 😂😂
Original post by HungryNiceGuy
Heyy
Didn't you already do your mocks?

nahh
Original post by halsx11
Yeah don’t worry! Aren’t you meant to be revising 😂😂

I revised two subjects today 😹😹 I managed to stuff half the quotations for lord of the flies and did a good 1:30 hours revision of chemistry
I revised two subjects today 😹😹 I managed to stuff half the quotations for lord of the flies and did a good 1:30 hours revision of chemistry

That’s good at least you did something! Good luck with ur mocks starting tomoz’
Original post by halsx11
That’s good at least you did something! Good luck with ur mocks starting tomoz’

Thank youu so muchhhhh 💕💕
Thank youu so muchhhhh 💕💕

It’s fine 🤗🤗🤗 Your going to ace them hon!
the curious incident of the dog at night time is a great book :yep:
:hugs: good luck for your mocks and maths result! :biggrin:
Yuppp!!!! Just don’t stress out too much!

History edexcel crime and punishment, nazi Germany, Elizabethan England and cold war

Electronics is all right not the easiest
Hey! Yup I disappeared off earth 😹
And thankssss! Hope your mocks went well if you’ve finished them or if you still have tests than good luck for them! Hope your revision is going well, how are you otherwise?

Spoiler

I'm great thanks, my mocks went rlly well, its just the real thing now, sooooo scared
Original post by Cov3rt
History edexcel crime and punishment, nazi Germany, Elizabethan England and cold war

Electronics is all right not the easiest

Omggg I do all those history topics except for Cold War. I do American west instead which kinda follows on with Elizabethan England
Ahhh!! I wish I could do electronics, it seems like an interesting topic.
My official 11th post: I hath returned

(I searched up how to say “I have returned in Shakespeare… don’t judge :wink:)

sooo. I somehow managed to take at least 2 months off from TSR due to my mock preparations and after it finished I kinda forgot about it until @HungryNiceGuy and @RazzzBerries) decide to wake me up from my hibernation… lol:dancing2:

so I’m back… I think.

Just a little sum up of what’s happened within those two months of me being non-existent:

I got my results in mid-Jan, wasn’t as happy for some subject but for history, maths, physics and chemistry I was pretty glad. So now it’s the 1st of March and I will work harder to jump grades :grin: also funny thing is that we received our results letter in assembly and I waited to open it at home. However I was waiting for my dad and mom to be free so I can open it in front of them, which meant I put it aside somewhere. And when it came to the time to open it, I didn’t remember where I kept and making me believe that I lost it!:eek: Ik it's bad that I keep losing my things and I always do that so you guys will have to get used to me repetitively saying I’ve lost something… hehee sorry guys!:vroam:

I also took an examination for maths for another school because I quote we don’t think grades tell how a person is good at that subject”?????? so I took a test for maths because I want to do it for A-level, the test was on A-level questions and how we apply GCSE knowledge. I don’t exactly remember how I felt doing it but I should’ve got the results this week but it hasn’t arrived and none of my friends have received theirs yet sooooo I am still waiting.:dontknow:

Back to the first week back from half term:

Monday:

This was the most dreaded day because its first day back to school. I had Computer science, maths, physics, PE and chemistry. All the lessons were pretty lame but physics is always funny because our teacher keeps making lame puns and jokes. Chemistry was pretty good; our teacher also said that we will finish the course within the next 2 weeks. Yayay more revision time! But I did realise that I am always getting told off for being out of my place and talking too much. I am actually a very bad student jeeez. But in my defence, the other two people on my table are best friends with each other and as much as they are my friends as well, I kinda don’t fit in which is why walk around too much, and I hate sitting down! I can assure you I am still a good girl hehe:littleangel:

Tuesday:

I had bio, English, drama, maths and German.

Bio is always boring- because I don’t like it but I understand the topic we are currently doing which is Homeostasis, response etc.

In drama, we are now only dong written lessons as all our practical examinations are over. We currently have to analyse the production we went to see for our live theatre section on our GCSE paper, so we went to see “the curious incident of the dog at night time”! Amazing play! I haven’t read the book but my friends have said it was really good so I definitely recommend reading or watching the play

Wednesday:

Imma skip this day because it was the most lamest day. Nothing really interesting:iiam:

Thursday:

In computer science we are currently learning about network etc and our teacher was making us do a physical demonstration of how switches and hubs work by splitting us and sending information to people by passing notes. It was pretty fun. I think in that lesson we all took that practical as a fun thing instead of actually understanding how switches work lol:rofl3:

Ohh and I also had my German-speaking mock! It was pretty manageable. I didn't mind the role-play of photo card and as for the general conversation…. I can’t even say how bad it was. I mean I constructed the sentences properly and used several tenses etc and vocabulary but apparently, I was slightly slow but it takes time to construct a good sentence!!!! Even though I hate it with passion I still want to pass.

Friday(Today):

In English, we were doing lit paper 2 revision because the whole of next week I have my lit paper 2 mock… but nervous because I can never remember the whole quotes. I am doing lord of the flies and love&relationship (poetry) and that’s a sh** load of quotes to learn.

In maths, our teacher said we only have two more lessons until we cover everything in the course. We are going over a few topics but in more depth now so now we have more revision time.

And in german we had a cover and we didn’t do any work, unfortunately as:yeah: a) I’m too chatty apparently b) we all wanted to play imessage games c) we are were done with our German-speaking d) it's Friday!

Hope you all are great and feeling awesome!

Its now March and I am 100% sure that everyone here has already started revision because you all seem so smart and here I am chatting and yapping in lesson1 jeez I really should tape my mouth.

Anyway, hope everyone revision is going smoothly and I know we all can do this together!

Key events:

4/03/19 to 8/03/19 Lit Paper 2 mock

4/03/19 chemistry paper 2 mock

5/03/19 biology paper 2 mock

8/03/19 physics paper 2 mock

18/03/19 another maths mock: maths paper 1

19/03/19 maths Paper 2
2/04/19 maths paper 3

Tag list:
If you want to be added or removed from the tag list please do let me know : )

Spoiler

Good luck with the mocks!
Original post by ASJ_12
I'm great thanks, my mocks went rlly well, its just the real thing now, sooooo scared

That’s amazing!!! Well done 🎉👍

And sameee, I think everyone is. It’s like either the GCSEs will be as hard as mocks or easier. And you don’t know which sucks. But we are are working hard and it’ll pay off! I’m sure everyone will do amazing.
The realisation that I’m actually gonna do my GCSES in 2 months hasn’t set in yet which is scaring me 😭😹
Original post by laurawatt
the curious incident of the dog at night time is a great book :yep:
:hugs: good luck for your mocks and maths result! :biggrin:

Really! I want to read it now!
And thank youuuu!
Good luck with your revision and future tests 😊😊
Original post by WolfAli
Good luck with the mocks!

Thankkk youuu !!!
Good luck with your revision and future tests!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending