The Student Room Group

Should I do A Level Physics?

I would like to go to medical school and I’m currently doing A Level Biology and A Level Chemistry. My options for a 3rd A Level are Physcology or Physics however I wanted to know how much maths is in A Level Physics as I am weak in maths and only got a grade 6 (B)
I wouldn't do physics if you're not strong in maths, go with psychology.
Which exam board would it be? Although exam board won't make too much of a difference. Maths in the foundation of physics.
Reply 2
Original post by charl.elise
I wouldn't do physics if you're not strong in maths, go with psychology.
Which exam board would it be? Although exam board won't make too much of a difference. Maths in the foundation of physics.

The exam board is ocr
Original post by BigMully
I would like to go to medical school and I’m currently doing A Level Biology and A Level Chemistry. My options for a 3rd A Level are Physcology or Physics however I wanted to know how much maths is in A Level Physics as I am weak in maths and only got a grade 6 (B)

If you love physics then do it
Put it this way: I got an A at GCSE Maths, then an E in Maths and Physics at A Level. I swapped to English Lit and achieved an A, predicted A* at A2. You have to play to your strengths at A Level, and if you're worried now that your Maths is a weakness then I'd think very carefully before going into Physics.
If you can really dedicate the time to learn the maths of it, and you love it as other poster said, then ok- but exam papers tend to throw a lot of maths questions at you and very little theory.
If you have good teachers and you really want to then go ahead. Best of luck eitherway.
physics is 80% maths at A-level. much more than GCSE

Quick Reply

Latest