The Student Room Group

*Help Needed* - Multi-Store Model Essay Question

Question is;

Outline and evaluate the Multi-Store Model of Memory. Refer to evidence in your answer. (12 marks) AO1: 5 AO2: 5 QWC: 2

I have sufficiently covered the AO1 points but was looking for some advice on the AO2 or the strength/limitation + reasoning points. I find it relatively easy to identify strengths and weaknesses within the model however I struggle with reasoning (not just for this question either). My teacher isn't very helpful when it comes to student queries hence why I am posting here.

Would appreciate any help with this question as well and furthermore any help regarding how I can accurately achieve marks when answering questions which need reasoning for AO2 or AO3.

Thanks in advance.
Reply 1
Original post by turnmeupslatt
Question is;

Outline and evaluate the Multi-Store Model of Memory. Refer to evidence in your answer. (12 marks) AO1: 5 AO2: 5 QWC: 2

I have sufficiently covered the AO1 points but was looking for some advice on the AO2 or the strength/limitation + reasoning points. I find it relatively easy to identify strengths and weaknesses within the model however I struggle with reasoning (not just for this question either). My teacher isn't very helpful when it comes to student queries hence why I am posting here.

Would appreciate any help with this question as well and furthermore any help regarding how I can accurately achieve marks when answering questions which need reasoning for AO2 or AO3.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, when writing Essays you need to discuss the strengths and weaknesses, make sure the essay can flow. Use words such as however(I’m sure you know that already).

Clive Wearing experienced the worst case of amnesia as he was struck with a virus and his short term memory became really bad, it was below average.He didn’t know the difference between dreams and reality. Clive Wearing only remembered his wife and could not rehearse information. However Clive Wearing was able to remember procedural memories. This suggests that the short term and long term memory are different stores; one is more impaired then the other, suggesting that they must be independent of one another. (Not well written but I’m rushing).

You could also say another strength is the large amount of research that has been generated e.g. HM, Murdock and Clive Wearing.
A weakness could be along the lines of... the model suggests that for things to be remembered we have to rehearse them... but what about weddings, birthdays ... we don’t rehearse those. We just remember them.

A01= content
Ao2 = application
A03 = evaluation
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending