The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Crazy26
GCSEs 11A*s and 1A
Ukcat 650, band 2
Predicted A*AA

I wouldn't worry, reckon you'll get an interview with those stats. from what I've read, 46 seems pretty safe
Reply 61
Original post by n.345
I wouldn't worry, reckon you'll get an interview with those stats. from what I've read, 46 seems pretty safe

Hopefully, but then there’s 16 additional points for p.s. too! If you don’t mind me asking, which unis are you applying to?
Reply 62
Original post by n.345
apparently last yr it was 44/45. wondering same thing as I have 44 too

The cut off was 45 last year
Hello everyone,

As you all have an interest in studying Medicine at the University of Nottingham, I wondered if you knew about their partnership with us at the University of Lincoln?

Both of our universities are in collaboration to provide a new Medicine course here in Lincoln, which is currently taking on applicants for 2019 entry, so this may be of interest to some of you - especially with the competitiveness of this area of study.

The course is titled 'Bachelor of Medical Scs w Hons Medicine (Lincoln)', and is therefore the same as that provided at Nottingham, but you will be studying at the University of Lincoln.

You can find all of the details about this, including the course breakdown and entry requirements, via the following link: https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/ugstudy/courses/medicine/bmbs-medicine-lincoln.aspx

If you have any questions, please get in touch with us as we would be more than happy to assist you!
Natasha ☺️
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 64
Original post by GANFYD
The cut off was 45 last year

how do you know
Reply 65
Original post by n.345
how do you know

My crystal ball!

Spoiler

Reply 66
Original post by GANFYD
My crystal ball!

Spoiler

hehe ok
I'm applying to Cardiff, Nottingham, Kings and Liverpool for medicine and Applied medical science at UCL
Are my stats strong enough for these uni's particularly kings and Nottingham which are quite competitive????

GCSEs - 9A* and 2A (ICT and Eng Lit)
AS - AAAB (bio, chemistry, geo, maths respectively)
A level predictions - A*AA (chemistry, bio, geography)
UKCAT - 2730 - 682.5,band 1

Also is applied medical science just as good as biomedicine for graduate entry medicine??
Are my choices sensible or bit too risky, kinda worried....

think I score 49/56 for Nottingham
score 26/27 for Cardiff - heard cutoffs were 24-26 tho....
Kings - worried ukcat too low
Reply 68
Hii, I'm sitting with a score of 44 and i'm wondering if its worth applying.
My ukcat really brought me down 2530/632.5 band 2 but with 8A*2As at GCSE 4As at AS and 3A* at a2
Hi, I’m applying to Nottingham (am actually from here myself) with a score of 46 (2580 Band 2 and 8A* 2A). Hoping it will be enough as I’ve seen previously the cutoffs have been a little lower.
Original post by RiaP123
Hii, I'm sitting with a score of 44 and i'm wondering if its worth applying.
My ukcat really brought me down 2530/632.5 band 2 but with 8A*2As at GCSE 4As at AS and 3A* at a2

What did you end up deciding on? I'm kind of in the same boat, but band 3 and not sure if I should apply to Nottingham or UEA :frown:
Original post by UniLincolnRep
Hello everyone,

As you all have an interest in studying Medicine at the University of Nottingham, I wondered if you knew about their partnership with us at the University of Lincoln?

Both of our universities are in collaboration to provide a new Medicine course here in Lincoln, which is currently taking on applicants for 2019 entry, so this may be of interest to some of you - especially with the competitiveness of this area of study.

The course is titled 'Bachelor of Medical Scs w Hons Medicine (Lincoln)', and is therefore the same as that provided at Nottingham, but you will be studying at the University of Lincoln.

You can find all of the details about this, including the course breakdown and entry requirements, via the following link: https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/ugstudy/courses/medicine/bmbs-medicine-lincoln.aspx

If you have any questions, please get in touch with us as we would be more than happy to assist you!
Natasha ☺️

Hi Natasha, how many spots out of the 80 are for international students? I understand there are 25 for the Nottingham campus so just weighing my options between the two. Thank you!
Original post by ukprospective
Hi Natasha, how many spots out of the 80 are for international students? I understand there are 25 for the Nottingham campus so just weighing my options between the two. Thank you!

Hello,

Unfortunately, the Medicine course here at Lincoln is not taking international applications this year. This is likely to change in the future, however, you are still able to apply to the Nottingham Campus for 2019 entry.

Good luck with your application!

Natasha ☺️
Hello Natasha do we have to apply separately for Lincoln in UCAS form?
Original post by davidskis1997

When you make your choices, from the list you can pick the Lincoln pathway instead of the Nottingham pathway since both options are there :smile:
Original post by davidskis1997

Hello,

If you are applying for Lincoln, all applications should go through UCAS and be made to the University of Nottingham - choosing the Medicine BMBS (Lincoln pathway) as your option.

I hope this helps, and if you have any more questions please get in touch!

Natasha ☺️
Reply 76
Original post by ukprospective
What did you end up deciding on? I'm kind of in the same boat, but band 3 and not sure if I should apply to Nottingham or UEA :frown:

I'm still stuck between st georges and nottingham i really don't know
hi guys,
I have a ukcat of 2390 band 3sjt(27/40)
4A* 1A and 2B in IGCSE(9/16) my school only offers 7 subjects at IGCSE
in AS I had 4A(physics, chem, math and bio)
in A2 I have predicted 3A(overall score 36/56)
I am confident with my personal statement and I have a lot of work experience
do you people think I will get an interview please reply quick guys as I have to apply soon.

Thank you
i heard that the cut off score was very high last year.
Reply 79
International Student from India
Ukcat 2760 sjt band 1
igcse - 7 a stars 1 a
ib predicted - 43
Which universities should i apply to? please reply asap as the deadline is very near.

Latest

Trending

Trending